crap day, lock & ban

I went to see my oral surgeon today to have the packing and stitches removed from having my wisdom teeth out a week ago. Also, I wanted to discuss treatment options because I am now suffering from paresthesia. The surgeon apparently missed several stitches (I can still feel some in there), and he didn't seem to know how to treat my condition. I'm in horrible pain, and the only med (other than tylenol and advil haha) he could think of for me to take makes me unbearably sleepy and doesn't actually get rid of the pain. It just knocks me out. My choices are to sleep all the time or be in pain all the time. I wish I knew what to do now. My day sucks. I'm back and forth in between uncontrollable sobbing and furious anger.

eileenbunny said:
I went to see my oral surgeon today to have the packing and stitches removed from having my wisdom teeth out a week ago. Also, I wanted to discuss treatment options because I am now suffering from paresthesia. The surgeon apparently missed several stitches (I can still feel some in there), and he didn't seem to know how to treat my condition. I'm in horrible pain, and the only med (other than tylenol and advil haha) he could think of for me to take makes me unbearably sleepy and doesn't actually get rid of the pain. It just knocks me out. My choices are to sleep all the time or be in pain all the time. I wish I knew what to do now. My day sucks. I'm back and forth in between uncontrollable sobbing and furious anger.

kick him in the wang...you'll feel much better about things after that

was it a particularly difficult extraction? generally these things are fairly routine unless a tooth/teeth were wrapped around your jaw bone or something odd like that

eileenbunny said:
No, not at all. It's actually fairly common apparently. This doesn't make it suck any less.
It usually heals tho correct? I know the 4 cousultations I've gone in to get my wisdom teeth out they usually mention that as a possibility. Needless to say, I still have them in.