Cowboy Saturday

Bubbles said:
Statisticly, there are more men than women of "dating age" at the moment. So, women have the ability to pick and choose lately. :)
Quote your statistcs?

I'd say there are more women, just the majority happen to all be a) bitches b) fat. *shrug*

Bubbles said:
Statisticly, there are more men than women of "dating age" at the moment. So, women have the ability to pick and choose lately. :)

Where did you get that from??

I would almost think it's equal.

What is 'dating age' ? twenties?

I know a few women from work in their sixties that go 'on dates' - are they dating age?

Dating age these days is pretty much 12-65.

I also think that a lot of people prefer to be alone. Dating and relationships are such a pain in the ass sometimes that it's just not worth it. It's expensive too, and people make shit for money these days considering how expensive it's getting to just wake up and breathe every day.

So, maybe someone can explain the appeal of sitting on the back of a large animal for several hours. Does it stem from some zeal for archaic forms of transportation like slave driven biremes or penny-wheel bicycles? Is it some kind of 'back to nature' thing. Is it some kind of "if I have to explain you wouldn't understand" madness?

It's a little bit of all of those I think. I like it because it doesn't involve technology, usernames, passwords, gasoline, credit cards, electricity, etc. It's very peaceful. Almost everything we do is contrived and manufactured that I think we are rapidly losing touch with what we are as animals. People have no souls anymore. Read the book American Psycho by Brett Easton-Ellis for a perfect alliteration of what I'm talking about.

Or look at Japanese culture. 130 million people on a tiny archipelago. Nature is all but gone, replaced by neon lights and beeping machines. It's about as unhealthy as it gets, and it makes people crazy. And suicidal. About 33,000 people kill themselves every year in Japan. Aversion depression, work stress, etc. It's amazing. Every year, a small city dies in that country.

It's very pure and natural to go out somewhere and breathe in the fresh air and get back in touch with where we came from. Camping, hiking, horseback riding, whatever. Just get the fuck out and do it.

Sarcasmo said:
It's a little bit of all of those I think. I like it because it doesn't involve technology, usernames, passwords, gasoline, credit cards, electricity, etc. It's very peaceful. Almost everything we do is contrived and manufactured that I think we are rapidly losing touch with what we are as animals. People have no souls anymore. Read the book American Psycho by Brett Easton-Ellis for a perfect alliteration of what I'm talking about.

Or look at Japanese culture. 130 million people on a tiny archipelago. Nature is all but gone, replaced by neon lights and beeping machines. It's about as unhealthy as it gets, and it makes people crazy. And suicidal. About 33,000 people kill themselves every year in Japan. It's amazing. Every year, a small city dies in that country.

It's very pure and natural to go out somewhere and breathe in the fresh air and get back in touch with where we came from. Camping, hiking, horseback riding, whatever. Just get the fuck out and do it.

Dude, I don't know about you, but I grew up in the suburbs. My youth was spent in a cinder-block school with no windows and flourescent lighting. For fun I'd go to an arcade or ride my bicycle alond paved paths in a maintained park by a man-made lake. My experience is not unique. Hundreds of millions of human beings have had similar experiences. You wanna know where we came from? Look out your office window. You're already there.

itburnswhenipee said:
Dude, I don't know about you, but I grew up in the suburbs. My youth was spent in a cinder-block school with no windows and flourescent lighting. For fun I'd go to an arcade or ride my bicycle alond paved paths in a maintained park by a man-made lake. My experience is not unique. Hundreds of millions of human beings have had similar experiences. You wanna know where we came from? Look out your office window. You're already there.

And people are getting crazier and crazier, year by year. It's not healthy to live such a fast-paced manufactured lifestyle. The best we can do to counter that in urban settings is try and line our streets with trees. Yay.

I didn't grow up like that at all. I grew up fishing in the ocean, climbing mountains, exploring old Nazi bunkers and WWII relics, travelling, etc. If I had been confined to what you just described I would have killed someone by now. You might as well stand behind me with a cattle prod and jolt me every 5 minutes.

Sarcasmo said:
Dating age these days is pretty much 12-65.

I also think that a lot of people prefer to be alone. Dating and relationships are such a pain in the ass sometimes that it's just not worth it. It's expensive too, and people make shit for money these days considering how expensive it's getting to just wake up and breathe every day.
I know, it's costing me $3.50 for each litre of air

Sarcasmo said:
I didn't grow up like that at all. I grew up fishing in the ocean, climbing mountains, exploring old Nazi bunkers and WWII relics, travelling, etc. If I had been confined to what you just described I would have killed someone by now. You might as well stand behind me with a cattle prod and jolt me every 5 minutes.
I spent most of my time in the woods, if I hadn't Id've gone crazy(er) too.

Most people don't get why I want so much land.....

SpangeMonkee said:
something very visceral about riding a half-ton animal. moving in sync with the horse. hooves pounding. heart racing. an a full gallop, it is ten times more exciting than a motorcycle at half the speed.

orly.gif

ChikkenNoodul said:
I spent most of my time in the woods, if I hadn't Id've gone crazy(er) too.

Most people don't get why I want so much land.....

I GET it!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to buy a side of a mountain in NC- that's my goal.

I grew up playing in the woods too. I built a ton of tree houses and underground forts. I played matchbox cars outside and carved out roadways in the dirt. We rode bikes on dirt paths and played outdoor games like dodgeball. Its strange looking at big business parks in Pinellas county florida and knowing I use to play in the woods that use to be there. As teens we raced cars there. Now it's all concrete.

I have only been horse back riding twice though.