Countdown to Serenity...in 5...

gottoys? said:
What's the chances for another set of firefly series coming out?

As JJ said, probably zero chance of another FireFly series. A movie sequel would probably be much more likely.

gottoys? said:
I watched Sin City friday night w\ jessica alba. Interesting movie - you can definately see QT's style. I LOVE movies with twists - guess the yellow blood made the gore easier to watch too.

Sin City just felt like it was written by a raging hormones teen-aged boy. Stylistically it was somewhat neat, but just plain dumb in the dialog. (With a few exceptions.)

taeric said:
Sin City just felt like it was written by a raging hormones teen-aged boy. Stylistically it was somewhat neat, but just plain dumb in the dialog. (With a few exceptions.)

I think they lifted the dialog straight from the comic books. Most of that stuff works ok in the comics, but I shoulda been re-worked for the movie.

Drool-Boy said:
I think they lifted the dialog straight from the comic books. Most of that stuff works ok in the comics, but I shoulda been re-worked for the movie.

Likely true. I'm not a fan of those style of comics, so I'm sure that doesn't help.

It's funny, because I don't mind old English style writing or anything. Just stupid adolescent garbage. The whole "my warrior woman" shit was just stupid.

God I hated Sin City, found it incredibly stupid and as mentioned above... the dialog was indeed piss poor.

Serenity though, went last week to see it on the big screen and I loved every moment of it.
I really want there to be more of the Serentiy crew on my TV screen, but alas... no :(

taeric said:

The 'dialog' was definately a comic book style - the movie had that Kill Bill style. I definately didn't get the point of alot of the script (gross minded crap) and cutting off an arm and the person doesn't seem affected really flips me out. But the twists were really neat and how it all seemed to come together.

I definately didn't LOVE this movie - I just love twists and scripts that draw each chapter together into some full circle in the end.

The old cars were cool and I like the black\white with dramatic color splashed in is fun. I like to analyze the cinematography and visual effects. I am the type to judge a movie by the fonts in the opening. Sometimes I spend so much time analyzing the visual effects and camera shots I don't even pay attention to the plot.

Pandora said:
She kicks ass. Warrior women are hawt. Were I not married I would take her in a womanly fashion.

23814.jpg
23814.jpg
23814.jpg
23814.jpg
23814.jpg
23814.jpg

i been a drag racer on LSD
and i rode bare-assed on top of the sphinx
i even had a gorilla on the slopes of kismet
and man, that was fun for a while you bet but

bikini girls with machine guns
that stuff will kill ya
it's loaded with fun

well i savored many foriegn kinds of delicacies
intoxicated til i can't tell what the hell i could see
had all the violence and liquor within close reach
but all bars, pills and threeways lead me back to the beach

and... now they say that virtue is it's own reward
but when that surf comes in i'm gunna get my board
got my own ideas about the righteous kick
you can keep the rewards, i'd just as soon stay sick

that stuff will kill ya
it's loaded with fun

Sin City dialogue was straight from the comics. They are doing a second with the stories from the rest of Miller's series. They were written in Film Noir style and the movie was well done in that style.

I want to be able to fight like River. She kicked ass.

I loved the firefly characters. Especially the Captains personality.

Another great character from another series was John Criton from Farscape. The farscape movie was a wonderful end to that series.

Last edited: