Could this day suck anymore?

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥0
So I've been working 11 hour days for 3 weeks now, no compensation for it. Yesterday, one of the girls on my team was scheduled to be out, the other called in sick and we are already one person short. I was swamped. Today everyone was there (though still one person short) and one girl quits. She goes to lunch with the other girl and they come back and she quits too. My boss tried to talk them out of it by holding a meeting of the entire customer service department. EVrything seems to be going well. The 30 year old single mom who has never had a real job before and has been there for 2 months says no, she is not cut out for this work and she is leaving. The other says she will think about it. After the meeting the 30 year old grabs her shit and leaves. In the middle of the day! The second lies repeatly saying she is not going anywhere. But gets a call and possibly has another job lined up (do these people think I am deaf?) and packs all her shit up and leave at 5. Leaves a bunch of files on her deak, cleans out her drawers and everything. But says see you tomorrow. I don't think she is coming back tomorrow. WHat happened to 2 weeks notice? What happened to professionalism?

The only good news is that I finally got the promotion that I have been working so hard for. This happened after everyone quit. I am now team leader (which I have been acting as anyway) only problem...I have no team!

They did not quit because of me by the way.

Someone please make me laugh...I need it!

difference.jpg

my dad came back from the hospital told me he has a 7cm anurism below his heart is going in for surgery in a week that is if he passes the test to see if his heart can even handle the surgery and he keep coming in my room talking about things to do if he dies so yea i think your day could be worse

edit: not tryn to be an ass just upset :(

I.C.Water said:
my dad came back from the hospital told me he has a 7cm anurism below his heart is going in for surgery in a week that is if he passes the test to see if his heart can even handle the surgery and he keep coming in my room talking about things to do if he dies so yea i think your day could be worse

edit: not tryn to be an ass just upset :(
Well if it was my dad...but thats another story.

Sorry. Your day sucked too!

i always feel guilty quitting a job even when i give lots of notice. sucks tho. i wonder what your company's turnover cost is. that could make an interesting equation.

ieholly said:
i always feel guilty quitting a job even when i give lots of notice. sucks tho. i wonder what your company's turnover cost is. that could make an interesting equation.

I turned in my two weeks, last day is next Wednesday. I've never been happier, that job dragged me down and made me literally ill.

:wiggle:

April23 said:
I turned in my two weeks, last day is next Wednesday. I've never been happier, that job dragged me down and made me literally ill.

:wiggle:

whatcha up to now? world domination, second term bush appointee??

ieholly said:
whatcha up to now? world domination, second term bush appointee??

My world domination plan has been in effect since last October. I'm now going to concentrate on finishing school and find a less stressful job.

Maybe a McDonalds Cashier, the outfits are slimming.

At work today I look out the window. I see a group of kids standing in the road around a kid who's sitting on top of another kid and shaking him. I go out thinking I'm about to break up a fight, when realize there's also a woman on a cell phone screaming. And all the cars have stopped. And people are getting out to look.
A little kid had just gotten hit by a car.

There was a lot of blood. There was a lot of little kids standing on the sidewalk watching the whole thing. A couple school buses.
Kids are ushered away. Someone at my school calls 911 too because screaming cell phone lady was hysterical. We cover him with blankets and wait for the EMTs to get there. Security from the high school shows up. A lot of cops. It seemed like it took way too long for the ambulance to get there. Way, way, way too many gawkers.
I had to come inside and just hug my kid for a while.

The cops had the guy who hit the kid pull into our parking lot. He was sobbing. The kid ran out against the light. There's not even a dent on his brand new SUV. The guy was coming to my school to pick up his son. He's the father of the boy who sits next to my daughter.

And then I was ordered to stay late at work to clean (not my job) and got to sit through a "Don't miss a day like that again or your job won't be here when you get back" lecture. Then went to pick up my kid and found she was still wearing her snow pants from hours before.

Tomorrow I'll be informing them that Feb 18th will be my last day. I can't do this anymore. 2 weeks & 3 days notice is enough.

I.C.Water said:
not tryn to be an ass just upset :(
what he said

kristchan said:
Tomorrow I'll be informing them that Feb 18th will be my last day. I can't do this anymore. 2 weeks & 3 days notice is enough.

what he said

That is nice of you to give notice.

So, yeah...where are all these posts that are supposed to make me laugh?