Corporatocracy at its finest. Some interesting info from the FED audit.

Delivering mail cheaply.

postal service is still subsidized by uncle sam, so what's the true cost of delivering mail? yea, the stamp might only cost 45 cents or whatever but what chunk of taxes is being taken out too?

and UPS never sends me junk mail.

postal service is still subsidized by uncle sam, so what's the true cost of delivering mail? yea, the stamp might only cost 45 cents or whatever but what chunk of taxes is being taken out too?

and UPS never sends me junk mail.

Uhhh, last time I checked, USPS was for profit. It EARNS the government money.

according to this it is supposed to break even and be revenue neutral. it goes on to say they still turned a billion in profit for each of the 5 years preceding the article
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/consumerawareness/a/uspsabout.htm`

No one said ALL, just the federal government. And just so you don't go off on a tangent, its not ALL of the Federal government either - just most if it. Its too big to be nimble enough to adjust quickly to change. Combine that with entirely too many wasteful layers and you have a recipe for uselessness.

There is wastefulness in both the private and public sectors. Both are just as bad as each other.

And name one thing that the government makes private industry competitive at. Now THAT is funny.

The government doesn't do anything other than the postal system in competition with the private sector. I'm saying they need to start doing a whole lot more. The private industries are in cahoots with each other along with the government, raping the consumers. If one company controls a whole industry, it's monopolization, and is regulated. If you have 3 companies that make up the industry working together in common interests, then you have a pseudo monopoly that fall outside the bounds of regulations.

The government need to do either of two things. Either compete against the private sector, or get out of bed with corporate America and close the loopholes they use to skirt around regulations..

Last edited:
Delivering mail cheaply.

Private mail service has a long way to go to compete with USPS. USPS never loses my packages, never broke anything I shipped, and always got things to me faster than UPS or FedEx. And it's cheaper. I've had problems with FedEx and UPS. The only inferior service USPS has is tracking, but who cares.

Private mail service has a long way to go to compete with USPS. USPS never loses my packages, never broke anything I shipped, and always got things to me faster than UPS or FedEx. And it's cheaper. I've had problems with FedEx and UPS. The only inferior service USPS has is tracking, but who cares.

Wow, I've had the complete opposite experience.

not true

* Maximum weight: 70 pounds
* Maximum length + girth: 130 inches
* Costs almost triple for Parcel Post shipments that are "oversized" (Length + girth is greater that 108 but less than 130 inches)

I've had good and bad experiences with all of the carriers except dhl and that's only because I only used dhl once before it was bought out.

but at least fedex and ups don't send me junk mail

I've had good and bad experiences with all of the carriers except dhl and that's only because I only used dhl once before it was bought out.

but at least fedex and ups don't send me junk mail

We get SO MUCH junk mail. I make it a point to not look at it and put it right into recycling. What a waste of trees.

There is wastefulness in both the private and public sectors. Both are just as bad as each other.

Yes, but the difference is that when wastefulness becomes a problem in the private sector, THE COMPANY GOES OUT OF BUSINESS.

The government doesn't do anything other than the postal system in competition with the private sector. I'm saying they need to start doing a whole lot more. The private industries are in cahoots with each other along with the government, raping the consumers. If one company controls a whole industry, it's monopolization, and is regulated. If you have 3 companies that make up the industry working together in common interests, then you have a pseudo monopoly that fall outside the bounds of regulations.

The government need to do either of two things. Either compete against the private sector, or get out of bed with corporate America and close the loopholes they use to skirt around regulations..

I wouldn't even really consider the USPS in competition, but that's splitting hairs. Either way, corporations run this country. That will NEVER change, not as long as this place still is a country...