:cool:

Hey congrats!

...and this of course calls for the Safety Song...

...we can dance if we want to!
We can leave your friends behind.
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're...no friends of mine.

...we can dance...we can sing!

We can dance, we can dance, everybody look at your hands!
We can dance, we can dance, everybody's taking the chance.

Safety dance, oh it's the safety dance, yes it's safe to dance.

Millions said:
Hey congrats!

...and this of course calls for the Safety Song...

...we can dance if we want to!
We can leave your friends behind.
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're...no friends of mine.
:happy::happy::happy:

We should all Safety Dance in Savannah, June 10th. Right F33nx? Right? Right?

ChikkenNoodul said:
While it has it's problems, I wouldn't say it's terrible.

I couldn't think of another country I'd rather get cancer treatment in.
We rank 2nd to last in quality of care for all industrialized nations. And 1st in money spent per patient. (Out of 24, iirc)

ChikkenNoodul said:
I wonder who's doing the survey?

I've heard plenty of horror stories from fellow cancer patients about pretty much every other non-3rd world country out there.
I dunno. It was some prestigious agency. I read it in the book Overdo$ing America. I'll try to look it up tonite.

ChikkenNoodul said:
You have to remember that places like Alabama, West Virginia, and California drag our average WAAAAY down.
It's possible, but THAT far down? I think government and the medical field have done a very good job of making things look better than they are. If you have some time, read that Overdo$ing America book. It's an interesting look at the other side...

fly said:
It's possible, but THAT far down? I think government and the medical field have done a very good job of making things look better than they are. If you have some time, read that Overdo$ing America book. It's an interesting look at the other side...
This is true. Unfortunately, unless you're a multigabillion dollar private company, research money is from the government. These are the same people who don't want to regulate health care like it should be, because it will make the people better and in turn make their lobbyists look bad. This lab I'm working for was originally in Chicago (w00t UofC!), but they had to go where the money trail led them (serendipitously, to Rochester).

F33nX said:
This is true. Unfortunately, unless you're a multigabillion dollar private company, research money is from the government. These are the same people who don't want to regulate health care like it should be, because it will make the people better and in turn make their lobbyists look bad. This lab I'm working for was originally in Chicago (w00t UofC!), but they had to go where the money trail led them (serendipitously, to Rochester).
After reading the book I mentioned, research money from the government is what I hope for. For pharmaceutical development, universities are having to team up with Big Medicine to get money. In return for the money, the companies expect "good" research on possible drugs...