Cool things to do with my Nano

The only thing I don't get is why are people so ga-ga over these players with tiny capacity? There are a ton of flash players on the market but barely any hard drive based one's anymore. I need the big capacity. I've got 40 gigs and even that isn't enough. I get there are some people that are very physical and like to jog or workout with their players and flash is right for them. But most people listen either walking around, sitting at a desk, or in the car; stuff that won't phase a hard drive player. What gives? I know a bunch of you now have flash based players. What's the allure?

I have a clix which you have seen and a 5.5 generation iPod 30gb. I use the clix when im working out or walking around in town, simply because it takes up much less space than the ipod, and I dont have to worry about shocking it to death. The biggest reason however is because most people dont recognize it as an mp3 player so you are less likely to get mugged.

In the end the flash based players are much cheaper than the hard drive based ones. You can get a 2gb player for as low as 130 dollars, while the good hard drive based players start at 240. Im just like you in that I try to have everything at a minimum 192k bitrate (if not lossless) and I archive albums but typically the 2gb is good enough and I can change it out in 15minutes Now if Im going to be away for a few days or several hours the ipod is coming with me. The only thing I hate is that if I decide to fill it up its going to be at least 40 minutes to do it.

ipod_ad.jpg

My 3rd gen ipod battery is starting to flake out. Only getting about 2.5 hours on a charge now. Still not read to upgrade yet though, since I mainly use it in my car, where it's always plugged in anyway.