Cool Movies That Most People Probably Haven't Seen v2007

Suicide Kings is pretty cool.

Pseudo-ontopic: I guess critics are calling Bourne Ultimatum best movie of all time. Inevitably I will still dislike it however, as it most will likely have absolutely nothing to do with the book.

Does it deviate as far from the book as I,Robot did?

Actually the Bourne movies have absolutely nothing in common with books beyond some of the names (like "Jason Bourne") and the fact that the CIA is involved.

I haven't read I,Robot, so I couldn't say. I'll have to add that to my "books to pick up" list.

Actually the Bourne movies have absolutely nothing in common with books beyond some of the names (like "Jason Bourne") and the fact that the CIA is involved.

I haven't read I,Robot, so I couldn't say. I'll have to add that to my "books to pick up" list.

The book I,Robot is about trouble-shooting robotic AI.
The only thing in common with the movie is the title and that there are robots involved, and at no point in the book does anyone yell "AW HELL NO!"

You have to admit, the Bourne movies kick ass. They just have a good feel to them.

I also liked Miami Vice, and yet for the life of me I can't figure out why they felt the need to use the name Miami Vice and its affiliated characters. It just doesn't make sense. The movie could easily have stood on its own without that pointless association.

You have to admit, the Bourne movies kick ass. They just have a good feel to them.

I also liked Miami Vice, and yet for the life of me I can't figure out why they felt the need to use the name Miami Vice and its affiliated characters. It just doesn't make sense. The movie could easily have stood on its own without that pointless association.

virtually free marketing via name association

I felt the exact same way about it.

The part where the chick is talking about sending a bullet through the guys head at 2,300fps was pretty cool I thought.

I greatly enjoyed both Bourne movies and I, Robot. :o That being said I do dislike the fact that they changed it around so much but honestly to even come close to the story in the book would have required a 12 part miniseries at least if not an entire season on TV. Besides, the real Carlos the Jackal is rotting in a French prison so they kinda had to change that bit around. :p

Besides, the real Carlos the Jackal is rotting in a French prison so they kinda had to change that bit around. :p

Wow, so I guess making a fictional movie with the hope to entertain about someone who happens to be in prison is just ridiculous then, huh?

:tard::tard::tard::tard::tard:

:heart:

I've heard the "but the real Jackal is in prison" arguement to excuse the Bourne movies in the past, but IMO it doesn't wash. I honestly believe the people who wrote the screenplays read the back cover synopsis of Identity and then just wrote their own story using the names and some details.

Last edited:
I've heard the "but the real Jackal is in prison" arguement to excuse the Bourne movies in the past, but IMO it doesn't wash. I honestly believe the people who wrote the screenplays read the back cover synopsis of Identity and then just wrote their own story using the names and some details.

yeah but....they couldn't make a movie about the real jackal because he's in prison :p anyone that is a fan of the book would know it's a load of crap and they didn't want to do a period piece

that being said while the movie is virtually nothing like the book as a movie by itself it's damned good. this is one of the few roles in which I really like matt damon (loki being his best work, imho).

You can't expect an accurate screenplay for this story. :p Ludlum put so much detail into his works that two hours would barely scratch the surface.

Man do I feel like shit now, besides the whole you know RAPE part...

My friends related quite closely to that movie :fly:
oh, don't feel like shit... it's an awesome movie. it just freaked me out the first time i saw it. having since entered the "real" world it doesn't have the same effect, it's just good.