Cooks, do you use recipes?

I gave you the best spice to start with. You can toss chicken in a pan with that and it will be great. Steam some vegetables and dash a bit in em, will be great. You can't go wrong with what I gave you.

i use that all the time. (i love it the most on green beans.) and i do use a few other spices, but i don't consider that being creative. and even with spices, i read the label to see what it recommends. :lol:

I sometimes use recipes, but have more fun just cooking something off the top of my head. Sometimes it works out, sometimes....not so much.

I have a solution for you.

http://www.letseatdinner.com/

They do not have a Texas location, but I'm sure you'll get the gist of it and find something comparable out there. My parents visit one.
We've used placed like that. Here's the problem... recipes are made for 4 people. Since there are only two of us, we have to split the recipes. And since you choose like 4 recipes or something total, you end up eating the same meal a lot during that month.

We've used placed like that. Here's the problem... recipes are made for 4 people. Since there are only two of us, we have to split the recipes. And since you choose like 4 recipes or something total, you end up eating the same meal a lot during that month.

Weird, we did it and the food lasted us for months... we didn't eat it every night obviously, but the portions are large which is great.

I thought the idea behind those places are genius!

If it makes you feel any better i can't make instant rice or instant mashed potatoes. I can cook most other things, but the simplest things seem to be the hardest for me.