Cooks, do you use recipes?

I usually use recipes when I want to do something spacific. If it's something I cook all the time I don't. Every recipe I use for baking I have modified or come up with myself.

mmmm, pie :drool:

homerfattt8.gif

I made grilled chicken raspberry vinaigrette salad with Gorgonzola tonight without a recipe. LOLOLOLOL kewl amirite?

i am the most uncreative person in the kitchen. i hate cooking because it does not come natural to me. i can, in no way, just come up with something to eat. i can't put this and this together and it make sense. food does not make sense to me. i would not ever be the one to put peanut butter and jelly together, or whatever the combinations. i just don't get it.
i also don't have a great taste for food. i couldn't tell you what's in a dish, and i can't pick out ingredients even when told they're in there. it's just not an easy thing for me, this cooking thing.
the talk about egg whites and folding and consistencies and all that does not ring a bell. i am the one that HAS to rigidly follow a recipe, and even with one, i can't just add another thing or two. doesn't cross my mind.

gah. i fucking hate cooking. :rant:

i am the most uncreative person in the kitchen. i hate cooking because it does not come natural to me. i can, in no way, just come up with something to eat. i can't put this and this together and it make sense. food does not make sense to me. i would not ever be the one to put peanut butter and jelly together, or whatever the combinations. i just don't get it.
i also don't have a great taste for food. i couldn't tell you what's in a dish, and i can't pick out ingredients even when told they're in there. it's just not an easy thing for me, this cooking thing.
the talk about egg whites and folding and consistencies and all that does not ring a bell. i am the one that HAS to rigidly follow a recipe, and even with one, i can't just add another thing or two. doesn't cross my mind.

Start with spices and move out to bigger things from there, thats what i did :fly:

That's the battle both my wife and I fight. I'm glad someone else on here isn't a fucking master chef.

I gave you the best spice to start with. You can toss chicken in a pan with that and it will be great. Steam some vegetables and dash a bit in em, will be great. You can't go wrong with what I gave you.