Cooking by numbers

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,371
I just took a bunch of pictures of my 15minute vegetarian spaghetti bolognese.

Just as a disclaimer, you need Parmesan and not cheddar cheese and I usually use another brand of quron mince, but I suppose you could add a real dead animal in lieu of this.

So, here's a very simple but very tasty meal that you probably all know how to cook, but at least I get to show off my lovely kitchen.

You will need (serves 2):

picture.php

(does not include the washing powder in the background, nor the butternut squash, I have veg all over my kitchen)

Soy sauce, salt & pepper, oregano, basil
Shallots (5 or 6) or one large white onion
1 small courgette (or zucchini for you weirdos)
1 bed red pepper
Wholewheat spaghetti
Olive oil
1 bag quorn mince
3 cloves garlic
Parmesan
Tomato puree + 2 tins chopped tomatoes
Add mushrooms if you like that kinda thing.

You will also need:

picture.php

1 big frying pan (high sides)
1 saucepan (for the pasta)
1 cullinder (for straining the pasta)
1 big sharp knife
1 cheese grate
1 wooden spatula
1 solar DAB radio (preferably tuned to BBC World Service)

You make want to water the plant next to your oven at this point, just because it might die otherwise.

Next:

picture.php

Cut your onion, pepper and courgette into tiny chunks (cubes) and crush the garlic. Now turn on your hob on a fairly high heat (with some olive oil in the pan) and make a cigarette while you wait for it to heat up.

picture.php

Add your fake mince. This brand smells like crap, that's why I prefer the actual quorn brand. Oh well. Stir for 4-5 mins and add olive oil whenever the pan gets dry as it tends to without animal in it.

picture.php

Add onion, garlic and stir for 3 mins.

Then the pepper, then a few minutes later the courgette.

picture.php

After stirring for a few more minutes add 1 1/2 cans of chopped tomatoes, maybe take it off the heat to stir it all in slowly so it doesn't go anywhere.

Now when it begins to boil add all these:

picture.php

Loads of salt and pepper, loads of the herbs and a tiny bit of soy sauce to give it a nice (but very subtle) flavour and a dark colour.

Add tomato puree, stir it all in, turn the heat down and let it simmer whilst you put the pasta on.

Have a quick taste after the seasoning is all in. Too sour? Add a little pinch of sugar, then taste again until it's nice and balanced.

Voila!

picture.php

Our lil nemo is growing up. I remember the days when she just ate egg sandwiches. Now she's out on her own, with her own place and everything. It's kinda like watching the Olsen twins grow up. They started out cute, now they're hot and growed and shit.

Our lil nemo is growing up. I remember the days when she just ate egg sandwiches. Now she's out on her own, with her own place and everything. It's kinda like watching the Olsen twins grow up. They started out cute, now they're hot and growed and shit.

:lol: I still love my egg sammiches. I do prefer the growed up version though, poached egg on english muffins (like bread if you have it different) and super baked beans. :drool:

Bolognese is a meat sauce, and should be served with tagliatelle or spinach pasta.
:rant:

:p

edit: I'd still eat it though.

Last edited: