Content

SpangeMonkee said:
I"m content most of the time. Some people think it's because I don't care about anything. Which is kinda true. I just only care about the important stuff. There's only a few things in life to get your feathers all ruffled about.

that's me for the most part. when i say i dont care, i really dont. no matter what happens, i will figure something out. i've gotten bad lately about saying that about people, which i should feel bad about, but i don't. my mother asked me a few weeks about someone who i should probably have compassion for and i made the mistake of mentioning that there aren't many people that i need or miss anymore. i think that hurt her.

It's not often I'm truely content. I get moments of it . I'm always in the search of more or new things. I always have a feeling that something is missing. I secretly believe if I keep looking one day I'll read the right thing or hear the right thing and everything in life will make sense. I guess I'm always in search of enlightenment and barely able to find the light switch.

I think I am pretty content. About most things at least, I am a doubt alot, and am probably to skeptical about things in most regards I would say. I have alot of apprehention about life in general sometimes but i am trying to move past that.

thrawn said:
that's me for the most part. when i say i dont care, i really dont. no matter what happens, i will figure something out. i've gotten bad lately about saying that about people, which i should feel bad about, but i don't. my mother asked me a few weeks about someone who i should probably have compassion for and i made the mistake of mentioning that there aren't many people that i need or miss anymore. i think that hurt her.

i've been called "mildly autistic" by my family for expressing similar thoughts.

i want more from life but i'm pretty content. it's hard not to be with a big spliff in one hand and a beer in the other :D

I move in and out of being content most of the time. Right now I guess I am in an period of discontent. I used to have a very clear path set out for myself academically and now I've been shaken off it. I still know what the final end goal is but I am not sure I will have the energy to get to it. It seems a long way off.

What would make me the most content right now, I think, is just to have a normal job ahead of me with a normal life and a nice family. But I haven't got a clue as to how I'm going to acheive it, so, that's stressing me out some.

b_sinning said:
It's not often I'm truely content. I get moments of it . I'm always in the search of more or new things. I always have a feeling that something is missing. I secretly believe if I keep looking one day I'll read the right thing or hear the right thing and everything in life will make sense. I guess I'm always in search of enlightenment and barely able to find the light switch.

This is pretty much how I feel too. I've had 3 days of my life when I was completely at peace with everything in my life. I've missed it ever since. I know I make my life a lot more difficult than it needs to be, but the thought of being completely content with everything seems....kinda apathetic to me, and that scares me. What is life without passion? Boring if you ask me. :hs:

b_sinning said:

Ditto. I had almost the same post. :)

eh, every now and then i wish i had someone to just "be there" with me.

otherwise, i'm pretty happy with my life.

I'm happy with where I am but not content with resting there. I need goals to strive for or I get complacent and bored.

I am content with where I'm at. I have a wonderful husband and daughter and a house to live in. We have money for our needs and even a little extra for our wants. I am not content with the thought that we will be exactly where we are now in 5 years. I think if I was totally content, I wouldn't want things to improve and get better.

Edit: My thoughts are very similar to waws.

I feel along the same lines as b_shinning, Pandora and WAW.

I have always been ambitious and striving to accomplish the next thing and once I get it I am not content (well maybe for a minute) or it seems I then want more and more. I keep waiting for the day were I can just sit back and say 'oh I am good now' and live in the present instead of for the future.

I find I am the MOST content when experiencing nature (opposed to material objects) - hiking all day in the mountains I was sooooo content even alone. Just experiencing the experience (the journey) makes me content. But I still say to myself about 100,000 times a day 'ok what do you want out of life and how are you going to get it?' -

I also kept thinking if I could finally find MY soulmate I would be more peaceful and content. But that seems an elusive goal so I have been presently trying to acclimate myself with the fact that I need to find peace and contentment without getting it from a partner. I have ALWAYS had a boyfriend in my life to distract me so now I need to find myself in myself and in my family and friends.

CHEESY !!!!!!!!!!!!

b_sinning said:

this is totally me. i'm never content. there's always something else to get done, something else to worry about, something else to perfect. then i end up doing none of the above and it's upsetting. it's called anxiety for me, and i have a very severe case of it. it gets worse as i get older and take on more responsibility, which i love, in a weird, twisted way.