container ship flips on side with 4700 cars aboard

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
crazy shit!
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/27/cargo-ship-cougar-ace-tips-over-4-700-mazdas-aboard/
Thousands of Mazdas Stranded on Listing Ship
From Reuters
July 27, 2006

The fate of thousands of Mazda Motor Corp. cars was uncertain after the ship carrying them to North America rolled over on its side in the northern Pacific near Alaska's Aleutian Islands.

The Japanese automaker had 4,700 vehicles aboard the Cougar Ace, which began taking on water Sunday and listed so heavily that the 23-member crew had to be rescued Monday by the U.S. Coast Guard.

The shipment is fully insured against loss, Mazda said.

That's what you get for trying to sell good cars in America. Was probably torpedoed by an American sub aiming for an airliner in Kuwait.

Galen said:
That's what you get for trying to sell good cars in America. Was probably torpedoed by an American sub aiming for an airliner in Kuwait.

:confused:
are you on crack son?

I can remember a few years back a ship carrying thousands of BMW's and Mercedes sank a few miles off the coast of England. They had it salvaged in no time.

Galen said:
I can remember a few years back a ship carrying thousands of BMW's and Mercedes sank a few miles off the coast of England. They had it salvaged in no time.
Luckily the Aleutians are slightly more outta the way than any Euro waters.

FlamingGlory said:
Luckily the Aleutians are slightly more outta the way than any Euro waters.
I don't know if you know the region, "The Wash", but the ship managed to flip onto it's side in a few meters of water. The captain must have been half cut.

Galen said:
I don't know if you know the region, "The Wash", but the ship managed to flip onto it's side in a few meters of water. The captain must have been half cut.

Oh well fuck, you could practically drive the cars out of that mess.

why_ask_why said:
I didn't know you were an rx8 fan
why haven't you gotten one??
cause i promised the woman my next car would be a sports sedan or something with 4 doors so she can drive something with 2 doors.

theacoustician said:
cause i promised the woman my next car would be a sports sedan or something with 4 doors so she can drive something with 2 doors.

technically the 8 has 4 drs :D