Consumer Reports Review Request Thread

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,301
Steam
mattressfish
I just bought an online sub to Consumer Reports, so I figured why not put it to good use? If you're considering a purchase and would like to see what CR has to say about the different brands, post here and I'll post any applicable reviews...

I think this marks my first ontopic thread and ask that replies only be for review requests or questions about the thread itself.

:heart:

2 requests:

The Garmin c330 GPS unit.

The Dick Rambone 18" Dong.

Thank you.

Edit: and although I already bought this, just curious what they say about the 2006 Mazda 3i. Hindsight ftw++

Last edited:
2 requests:

The Garmin c330 GPS unit.

The Dick Rambone 18" Dong.

Thank you.

Edit: and although I already bought this, just curious what they say about the 2006 Mazda 3i. Hindsight ftw++
Here's the GPS:
1469250e909f49.jpg

Here's the Mazda 3:
14692514c4c78f.jpg

2007 vw passat 2.0 turbo

Highs: Ride, handling, fit and finish, standard ESC, crash-test results, turning circle.
Lows: Push-key ignition, slight hesitation on take-off, premium fuel, reliability.

The latest Volkswagen Passat is at the high-priced end of the family sedan category. It is roomier, more powerful, and gets better fuel economy than the previous Passat, which was one of our top-rated family sedans. Like the old Passat, this car is refined and has a high-quality interior and agile handling. However, the interior quality and ride comfort have slightly diminished. Crash-test results from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety are impressive, as is the standard safety equipment. The Passat ranks at the top of the family sedan category.

THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE

The Passat rides comfortably, but isn't as isolated from the road as its predecessor. Bumps are muted and body motions are restrained. Road and wind noise are suppressed. The 2.0T is just a little noisier than the V6 (which we also tested). Handling is nimble and responsive. The electrically assisted steering is light at parking speeds, but gives good feedback under way. The turning circle is impressive for a car this size. The Passat was predictable and forgiving in our avoidance maneuver. The 200-hp, 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine has the performance of some V6s and gets 24 mpg overall. The 280-hp, 3.6-liter V6 is quick and returns 22 mpg overall. Both require premium fuel. The six-speed automatic transmission shifts smoothly most of the time but can be hesitant at takeoff from a rolling stop and sometimes bangs between gears. Both wet and dry stops were short and controlled, but the pedal felt spongy. Both low- and high-beams had good distance and intensity.

INSIDE THE CABIN

The interior is comfortable, nicely detailed, and has high-quality materials, but some dash trim does not fit well. The tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel helped most drivers find a comfortable position. However, the center console chafed against some tall drivers' legs. Large head restraints and roof pillars create some blind spots to the rear. The large front seats are comfortable and supportive, although some short drivers found the long cushions to be annoying. The seat in the 2.0T lacks the tilt adjustment of the full power seat in the 3.6. Front access is easy, but rear entry is hindered by a tall sill. Most controls are easy to use, but the climate controls are a bit low and the push-key ignition is cumbersome. The Passat has moderate interior storage overall. The center console and the glove box can be cooled by the A/C. Rear seatbacks fold 60/40 to expand the large trunk.

SAFETY NOTES

Front seatback-mounted side-impact air bags and roof-mounted curtain head-protection air bags that extend to protect both front and rear outboard occupants are both standard on the Passat. They supplement required front air bags and three-point seatbelts in all seating positions. The front seatbelts have adjustable upper anchors for improving shoulder belt comfort and fit. The front and rear outboard seats are also equipped with pretensioners that reduce belt slack in the event of a crash. An "Advanced Air Bag System" includes front belt usage sensors, a driver's seat position sensor and weight and belt tension sensors in the front passenger seat that influence whether air bags deploy and at what level. Though it's never recommended to transport child passengers in the front seat, if weight sensors in the front passenger seat detect the weight typical of a one year old in a child restraint, it will automatically disable the front air bags. Low risk deployment of the front air bags occurs in lower severity crashes to protect 3-6 year old occupants on the passenger side and small adults on the driver's side or if seatbelts are not buckled. Front air bags will also not deploy if the passenger seat is not occupied to avoid unnecessary replacement. Side-impact air bags for the rear seats are a extra-cost option. There are adjustable, locking head restraints in each of the five seating positions and all but the center rear are tall enough even when fully lowered to reduce rearward head travel and whiplash injury. Daytime running lights are standard. Traveling with kids: Some rear-facing infant seat bases may not prove secure in the outboard rear seats when installed using the seatbelts as the belts are anchored forward of the seatback. A different model of seat or attachment using the LATCH system can result in a secure fit. There are LATCH anchors on the rear outboard seats which are visible and relatively easy to access; detaching them can require a firm squeeze as they are nestled against the firm seatback cushion. There are three tether strap anchor rings at the top of each rear seatback.

RELIABILITY

We expect reliability to be much worse than average, according to our latest subscriber survey.

14692591da02b8.jpg

Mazda 3 Touring and Honda Fit Sport please.

As well as paint. Also mattresses. Chim and I have worn out our current one :shifty:

Also, isn't this illegal? :confused:

Mazda 3 Touring and Honda Fit Sport please.

As well as paint. Also mattresses. Chim and I have worn out our current one :shifty:

Also, isn't this illegal? :confused:

The Fit gets their 2nd tier recommendation, which means they highly recommend it...
14693e08587c47.jpg

edit: Paint
Indeed, our current paint lineup doesn’t include some top-selling brands such as Ace, Behr, and Benjamin Moore for that reason. But our Ratings (available to subscribers) include plenty of fine performers, so there’s no need to postpone your paint job.
14693e14094684.jpg

Last edited: