Construction blog

never seen that old style before. i've only ever seen the top version.

i'm a cadjockey at an architecture firm. what do you do?
I read, -alot-.

(and get laid off from various positions including but not limited to clerk, shipping manager, heavy equipment mechanic, security guard, facilities tech, appr. plasterer, and outline writer)

This is me channeling every back issue of 'Fine Homebuilding' and the 'Journal of Light Construction' since 1980. It's been an ongoing project, mostly gutting until a few weeks ago.

I recommend checking out Architectual Graphical Standards. It'll help if it comes to deciding how to lay things out. Plus, the arthropomorphic data section is just cool. It has all kinds of other useless information like how to design an airport too.

I recommend checking out Architectual Graphical Standards. It'll help if it comes to deciding how to lay things out. Plus, the arthropomorphic data section is just cool. It has all kinds of other useless information like how to design an airport too.
Holy crap, it is cool. Thanks.

You didn't know about that book? Google has failed you for the last time.
I've seen it at B&N but it's plastic wrapped with a $250 price tag. Usually standards books read like statutes, we have the IEEE Power Distribution Standard but it is *snore*

I've seen it at B&N but it's plastic wrapped with a $250 price tag. Usually standards books read like statutes, we have the IEEE Power Distribution Standard but it is *snore*

I just tear that crap off. I hate it when they do that. How am I supposed to use the book store as a library if all the books are plastic wrapped?

I just tear that crap off. I hate it when they do that. How am I supposed to use the book store as a library if all the books are plastic wrapped?
lol

I hate the people who take the books to the cafe or whatever and eat, and get greasy fingerprints all over $90 books, then it turns out it is the ONLY copy the store has and they cant order more >.<