Food Constipational Carry In Arizona OR SB1108 OR Strapped With No Card

Here's the problem. Those people may indeed already have guns. Now, instead of keeping it at home, they can take them with them pretty much anywhere (with obvious restrictions).

Guns at home. Sure. Guns in the hands of whack jobs out on the street.

Welcome back to the OK Corral.

I thought one of the benefits of getting a permit was required gun safety courses. I guess AZ feels that their populace is well versed in gun safety out of the womb...
Here's a tip for you, the whack jobs don't really concern themselves with such things as "laws", so they already carry on the street untrained.

Here's the problem. Those people may indeed already have guns. Now, instead of keeping it at home, they can take them with them pretty much anywhere (with obvious restrictions).

The paranoid people you're referring to have long since already been carrying concealed, particularly the "whack jobs on the street". They got their permit years ago when they first got paranoid about zombie biker nazis accosting them at the grocery store. Or they've been carrying the entire time illegally. This bill getting passed isn't going to affect the people you perceive as a threat.

Sensationalist nonsense. I would expect WAW to have posted this, not someone who is "all for CCW".

I thought one of the benefits of getting a permit was required gun safety courses. I guess AZ feels that their populace is well versed in gun safety out of the womb...

That's one, and about the only, negative side to this.

I don't understand the religious and resilient fervor over firearms. Is it to overcompensate in a Napoleonic complex? To have a sense of superiority? Just another skill to possess and perfect?

They are not necessary for the continued survival of the human species. The ease of use has made such a powerful item more easily accessible to more people without training in either proper gun use (which I would argue against as well) or anger management or sociological studies performed.

I am not saying a government should be involved, but I would rather certified shrinks had out weapons after a thorough psychological and sociological evaluation is performed with harsher repercussions to those that are not qualified to own weaponry of any manner (the most easily concealable and deadliest at a range would be the gun).

I don't understand the religious and resilient fervor over firearms. Is it to overcompensate in a Napoleonic complex? To have a sense of superiority? Just another skill to possess and perfect?

Are you referring to me personally or is this a general question?

They are not necessary for the continued survival of the human species. The ease of use has made such a powerful item more easily accessible to more people without training in either proper gun use (which I would argue against as well) or anger management or sociological studies performed.

They are absolutely necessary for the continued survival of the human species, and if they were not around people would just go back to swords, or even rocks. The numbers/percentages of murders and deaths would not change. You are laying blame for the actions of a person on an inanimate object, a tool that is used. If I set my gun down on the counter and leave it there it will sit until the materials that it's made out of deteriorate and break down. It's not until someone interacts negatively with a gun that it becomes dangerous.

There are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous people.

I am not saying a government should be involved, but I would rather certified shrinks had out weapons after a thorough psychological and sociological evaluation is performed with harsher repercussions to those that are not qualified to own weaponry of any manner (the most easily concealable and deadliest at a range would be the gun).

At that point it is no longer a right, it is a privilege which has to be granted. Whether you like it or not the country you live in has in its constitution words that ensure people the right to own, operate and carry firearms. I do not want to attempt cliche, but if you don't like it go somewhere else.

Last edited:

So you're saying you want government involved. :wtf:

I'd rather see "certified shrinks" figure out why people have the attitude that you have on the subject, it seems alien to me.
s

Are you referring to me personally or is this a general question?

They are absolutely necessary for the continued survival of the human species, and if they were not around people would just go back to swords, or even rocks. The numbers/percentages of murders and deaths would not change. You are laying blame for the actions of a person on an inanimate object, a tool that is used. If I set my gun down on the counter and leave it there it will sit until the materials that it's made out of deteriorate and break down. It's not until someone interacts negatively with a gun that it becomes dangerous.

There are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous people.

At that point it is no longer a right, it is a privilege which has to be granted. Whether you like it or not the country you live in has in its constitution words that ensure people the right to own, operate and carry firearms. I do not want to attempt cliche, but if you don't like it go somewhere else.

General question.

Since it is a right to have firearms, as a taxpaying and government-supporting citizen I can practice that right. However I don't know of any other rights that have such tremendous power and money to fight for that right. It is a right that has swayed elections depending on those that support it. There are national events and indeed organizations with tremendous monetary investments to promote and spread this right.

I guess I am just surprised at all of the hub bub. I am also surprised of the hatred those that don't want to exercise that right receive. I can understand people getting angry over those that want to remove rights that have been given, but to hate those that just don't practice that right are pretty bad, too.

So you're saying you want government involved. :wtf:

I'd rather see "certified shrinks" figure out why people have the attitude that you have on the subject, it seems alien to me.
s

Certified clinicians are not certified with a government certification but rather a self-policing entity nor is it sponsored by the government.

I do see the point about education of firearm owners.. There should be some sort of qualification required. Just like a license for a car.

However, there are nut jobs out there with guns right now. Hence why I have a gun.

I guess I am just surprised at all of the hub bub. I am also surprised of the hatred those that don't want to exercise that right receive. I can understand people getting angry over those that want to remove rights that have been given, but to hate those that just don't practice that right are pretty bad, too.
No, the hatred is only towards those that would vote away that right.

And yes, that includes those who vote for such nonsense as "reasonable restrictions". Pure poppycock, that is.

General question.

Since it is a right to have firearms, as a taxpaying and government-supporting citizen I can practice that right. However I don't know of any other rights that have such tremendous power and money to fight for that right. It is a right that has swayed elections depending on those that support it. There are national events and indeed organizations with tremendous monetary investments to promote and spread this right.

Whether people who dislike guns want to admit it or not our country was forged by the gun. The second amendment is a pillar of our society, pure and simple.

There is no hatred towards those who don't want to exercise their right to arms. I have no problem with someone who is afraid of guns and wants nothing to do them. I come across people who dislike guns all of the time and the conversations usually go "Oh you don't like guns, cool. Let's talk about anal sex instead.....", end of story. There IS hate towards those who do everything in their power, and in some cases far beyond their power, to try to take away the right from the people who want to exercise it, however. I have no problem with someone not wanting a gun, but as soon as you try to justify why I shouldn't have a gun you're no longer on even ground anymore, are you?

The bill in AZ to allow citizens to carry concealed without a permit passed in the senate yesterday, so now all that needs to happen is for the governor to sign it into law, which is very likely.

This is a good news, I'm very pleased that it went through.

I'm too lazy to read 4 pages. Was the fact that this means no other states will reciprocate with AZ (other than VT) covered?