Ontopic [Conspiracy Time!] CNN for hire?

maximum lame
Apr 15, 2013
Marklar
₥0
So lately I've been reading story after story about CNN and how they are corrupt as hell. From Anderson Cooper being former CIA. To CNN staging video from Syria. To US Army Psy-Ops personnel working at CNN HQ for years.

Then some lady comes out and says they are basically paid by governments all over the world to spin stories.
http://www.redflagnews.com/headline...stic-government-agencies-for-specific-content

Now some of you will probably dismiss this because CNN hasn't reported it yet :lol: But some others might have an entertaining discussion with this.

WaW, I know you're just IT, but have you heard anything about any of this?

Haven't heard a word about it, but not surprised. Pretty much any major news source, down to local, is bought and paid for. One of our local papers, TBO, is shameless on how they generate articles simply to create clicks and page views.

I doubt Fox is going to out CNN because that will eventually lead people to see how Fox is the same way. So yeah you will not hear about this via the MSM.

There's been rumors about such things for years. I've had suspicions about lesser offenses but they're only that, suspicions.

Stuff like this came out in the 90's even. CNN was determined to open an Irag Bureau. It's been so long I can't remember the exact story but they sat on a story of Saddam assassinating people I think? Maybe when he had his relatives who defected to Jordan killed after the first Gulf War? Or maybe something with their weapons program? Damn, I can't remember but it was major story and the Saddam gov't basically told CNN if you go with the story you aren't getting your Middle East Bureau in Iraq so they sat on the story. It finally came out that they had done this around the time of the second war I think. I think a former producer or exec or something spilled the beans. I remember it being discussed heavily by the other cable news networks and CNN doing major spin and damage control over it. I'm at work so I don't have time to search for the specifics, sorry kinda vague I know.

All news agencies should be fined for purposefully incorrect or immoral news reporting.

You lied? You pay.

You reported erroneously? You pay.

You corrupt? You pay.

All news agencies should be fined for purposefully incorrect or immoral news reporting.

You lied? You pay.

You corrupt? You pay.

If it's intentional they should be banned from broadcasting and publication for good.

You lied? You pay.

You corrupt? You pay.

It's sad now that in this country if you want the "real" news you have to watch a story on MSNBC and listen to their spin, then watch a story on Fox News about the same topic and get their spin on it, then take the time to muddle threw to bullshit each reported on your own and try to find the truth somewhere in the middle.

You lied? You pay.

You corrupt? You pay.

There used to be laws about truth in reporting and I think they were stripped during the Reagan years.

If it's intentional they should be banned from broadcasting and publication for good.
I get that accidents happen and there are rouge reporters who want to get their "news" off and with how much is done live it can accidentally be reported on the agency's side... but yes, the reporters/writers should have some repurcussions just like in other career fields.

Football players get fined for wearing the wrong color shoes.

Doctors pay for malpractice.

etc etc

We need responsible reporting.
There used to be laws about truth in reporting and I think they were stripped during the Reagan years.
THANKS REAGAN!

It's sad now that in this country if you want the "real" news you have to watch a story on MSNBC and listen to their spin, then watch a story on Fox News about the same topic and get their spin on it, then take the time to muddle threw to bullshit each reported on your own and try to find the truth somewhere in the middle.

Try foreign news.

I get that accidents happen and there are rouge reporters who want to get their "news" off and with how much is done live it can accidentally be reported on the agency's side... but yes, the reporters/writers should have some repurcussions just like in other career fields.

Football players get fined for wearing the wrong color shoes.

Doctors pay for malpractice.

etc etc

We need responsible reporting.

Agenda based bias in the news media is a pretty major problem. It a helluva tool for changing the ideological state of a nation. It's basically becomes the megaphone for those who want control of the masses. It's about as serious as something can be.

We do need responsible reporting, but what we want doesn't matter. What we want, to them, is not the most profitable path, so they ain't taking it.

So lately I've been reading story after story about CNN and how they are corrupt as hell. From Anderson Cooper being former CIA. To CNN staging video from Syria. To US Army Psy-Ops personnel working at CNN HQ for years.

Then some lady comes out and says they are basically paid by governments all over the world to spin stories.
http://www.redflagnews.com/headline...stic-government-agencies-for-specific-content

Now some of you will probably dismiss this because CNN hasn't reported it yet :lol: But some others might have an entertaining discussion with this.

WaW, I know you're just IT, but have you heard anything about any of this?

years ago my folks went to israel. Said it was wild how the population took it in stride that the military was out and about w/machineguns & tanks. They went to borders where the people were heavily armed, but really nice to each other. Kind of "we're protecting our shit, you're protecting yours." The guide said the reporters & camera crews try & get them to start shit just so they had something 'unique' to report.

my parents said that it was really sad that they're totally getting exploited and that everyone in the area was peaceful like here - but with the tanks & machine guns as a normal backdrop for them. much like we see police cars driving down the road.

Last edited: