Ontopic [Conspiracy Time!] CNN for hire?

There used to be laws about truth in reporting and I think they were stripped during the Reagan years.
Not in the US. Major newspapers and such used to "self police" because losing integrity was considered to be a bigger deal than raking in boatloads of money.

As always the only legal repercussions to news reporting is, libel and injunctions.

To be honest I've never really considered media outlets being bought or biased as a conspiracy, just reality.

I don't watch or read the news anymore anyways as it is completely pointless.

Even the weather channel sucks at reporting.

he was an intern at the agency for a couple summers, he's not "former CIA" any more than an intern at google is "former Sergey Brin". don't read so much into that

freedom of the press.

the public has to determine what's news & what's fabricated.

that is profoundly stupid. the public doesn't get to decide what is true and what isn't. popular opinion does not get to dictate facts. just because a bunch of people accept a fabrication to be true doesn't mean it isn't a story.

he was an intern at the agency for a couple summers, he's not "former CIA" any more than an intern at google is "former Sergey Brin". don't read so much into that

that is profoundly stupid. the public doesn't get to decide what is true and what isn't. popular opinion does not get to dictate facts. just because a bunch of people accept a fabrication to be true doesn't mean it isn't a story.

Had more experience with the CIA than education as a journalist. His background a family are suss, but honestly I shouldn't have bought up conspiracy theories here on UF. The people here can't entertain ideas. They only deal in facts. Very dry like.