congrats to NYC

I don't have the time...if I was at home every hour of the day besides work, maybe...I have an active life, there is no time in the day for me to shop for, cook, and clean after an organic meal or any meal for that matter...it would be even crazier if I had a wife and kids...god knows how the hell the families manage these days

You choose to have an active life. You place a higher priority over having fun than eating meals prepared at home and that's perfectly cool. But don't say that you can't because you certainly can. You have the free time, you simply choose to use it living that active life as opposed to preparing organic meals. It's a choice.

Everything begins with choice.

Fishburne_morpheus_matrixrevolutions.jpg

But it's still your choice. You're not prevented from eating healthy by anything but your own choices.

it's partially desire but time is certainly a factor...shopping, cooking and cleaning is a lot to do to make meals for 1 person

it's partially desire but time is certainly a factor...shopping, cooking and cleaning is a lot to do to make meals for 1 person

And a lot of people think that exercise takes too much time as well, they're too busy for it... that doesn't make it less important to good health.

anywho, trans fats are bad and there is no reason for them to be present in foods served at restaurants let alone in abundance

lol c'mon

I've spent enough time living by myself to know that's not true. An hour on the weekend to shop for a week's worth of food. Ten or fifteen minutes of preparation for breakfast plus another ten to make a decent sandwich for work. An hour to cook, eat and clean after work.

It's all desire. It's all choice.

No, they don't. The test results from all tests provide inconclusive data, barring a consensus in the research community. Some tests show marked increases in test subject weight, some tests show negligible increases and some tests show no increase in obesity(directly attributable to trans fat content) at all.

I went out and grabbed source material to prove my point. Where's yours?

Why don't you split some hairs, fgt? By "all" I clearly meant "some".

lol c'mon

I've spent enough time living by myself to know that's not true. An hour on the weekend to shop for a week's worth of food. Ten or fifteen minutes of preparation for breakfast plus another ten to make a decent sandwich for work. An hour to cook, eat and clean after work.

due to various social obligations I am generally home after work 1 day a week...that's tuesday...the rest of the week it's sometime between 10-12pm usually...if I were to do nothing else with myself, sure, I could eat healthier but I have shit to do!

you go sit on your ass at home, I'm busy :fly:

lol c'mon

It's a matter of someone wanting safer choices for the simple fact they don't have the time to do the research or make informed choices on their own.

due to various social obligations I am generally home after work 1 day a week...that's tuesday...the rest of the week it's sometime between 10-12pm usually...if I were to do nothing else with myself, sure, I could eat healthier but I have shit to do!

you go sit on your ass at home, I'm busy :fly:

Social obligations are still choices. Unless you're about to tell me that every day but Tuesday you feed the poor and build homes for veterans then you're still giving leisure time a higher priority over healthy eating. Again, it's choice.

I could eat healthier but I have shit to do!

And I'd bet a month's salary (of mine which would be like three and a half hours of yours :fly:) that not a single one of those things is absolutely necessary for you to continue living. Choices.

trans fat is not a food source in and of itself nor does anyone derive pleasure from it like cigs or alcohol

That's not true. I derive pleasure from knowing that a mcchicken sandwich or a double cheeseburger only cost a buck due to all those trans fats. You cannot make it about what's pleasurable and what's not because then you open the door to have others decide on your forms of enjoyment.

That's not true. I derive pleasure from knowing that a mcchicken sandwich or a double cheeseburger only cost a buck due to all those trans fats. You cannot make it about what's pleasurable and what's not because then you open the door to have others decide on your forms of enjoyment.

trans fats are NOT a food source...they are an unnecessary ingredient and you know it :p

and deriving pleasure from being cheap is a whole other can of worms :p