congrats to NYC

sue*

They're not targeting ten year olds, that remains one of the biggest lies of this century right along with SUVs are melting the ice caps and schools need more money. In either case it is a parent's responsibility to keep those things away from their children. Yes, some regulation in advertising is necessary to keep them from actually advertising directly to kids; we don't want Marlboro putting ads in Spongebob comic books.

Not a single person has ever been forced by the tobacco companies to smoke a cigaratte. Not one, not ever. It always always always always always always starts with a fucking choice.

thanks for the pointless correction of my spelling* :fly:

So camel coming out with cigarettes that taste like candy and have boxes that look like candy is not a direct relation to them targeting kids? How can you say that they are not targeting little kids with flavors like orange dreams and strawberry wonderland, haha.

they are saying lets ban something that give no nutritional purpose and only harms people. It has been taken out of foods with no change in the taste so why not? I dont see how you think that taking a harmful pointless substance out of our food is the governments first step to ruling the world :fly:

So, why ban trans fat and not cigarettes?

So camel coming out with cigarettes that taste like candy and have boxes that look like candy is not a direct relation to them targeting kids? How can you say that they are not targeting little kids with flavors like orange dreams and strawberry wonderland, haha.

What if I want a fucking cigarette that tastes like candy? Those "truth.org" ads are as disgustingly misleading as anything Phillip-Morris has ever put out. They spin as much as Michael Moore.

THATS WHAT IM SAYING, lol

they should both be banned

Well, then why not ban everything else that's bad for you? Lets ban coffee, eggs, butter, bacon, pollution, cars, trucks, trains, ships, prime time television, violent video games, rap and opera.

Alcohol has no nutritional purpose and only harms people. Why not? Because this is supposed to be the land of the fucking free and if I want to choke on a tub of trans fat then it's my goddamn right to do so. You have no business telling me what I can and cannot eat.

You sound like a little kid throwing a fit to their mom about not being able to play nintendo before the homework is done.

:runsandhides:

Targeting women.

No, it's the inescapable subliminal messaging present in all advertising man... we're totally helpless and cannot think for ourselves. We need someone else to tell us what is safe at all times, otherwise, who the hell do we have to blame when shit goes bad?
Makes me fucking sick. I'm sick and tired of people deciding what's good for me. Life is about choices and as long as my choices do not directly infringe on the rights of others then let me make my own goddamn choices and live my life as I fucking see fit. But no, people would rather have their little government safety nets because they feel "as long as they're not banning something that I like it's perfectly ok!"

:rolleyes: yet when someone dares to suggest that the public take a little bit of personal responsibility instead of putting yet more power into the hands of the public servants who are supposed to be elected to serve us suddenly it's paranoid delusions of an Emmanuel Goldstien wannabe

sue*

They're not targeting ten year olds, that remains one of the biggest lies of this century right along with SUVs are melting the ice caps and schools need more money. In either case it is a parent's responsibility to keep those things away from their children. Yes, some regulation in advertising is necessary to keep them from actually advertising directly to kids; we don't want Marlboro putting ads in Spongebob comic books.

Not a single person has ever been forced by the tobacco companies to smoke a cigaratte. Not one, not ever. It always always always always always always starts with a fucking choice.

they aren't taking away the cheeseburger or the fries, etc...if tobacco companies were putting bird flu in cigs for no reason, shouldn't that be fixed? this is no different

What if I want a fucking cigarette that tastes like candy? Those "truth.org" ads are as disgustingly misleading as anything Phillip-Morris has ever put out. They spin as much as Michael Moore.

people NEED food, they don't NEED cigarettes...policing potentially deadly shit in food is a necessity, period...you know what you're getting yourself into when you light up but more often than not, you don't know exactly what you are getting when you eat at a restaurant

people NEED food, they don't NEED cigarettes...policing potentially deadly shit in food is a necessity, period...you know what you're getting yourself into when you light up but more often than not, you don't know exactly what you are getting when you eat at a restaurant

People don't NEED fast food or restaurants where trans fats may be hidden. :fly:

You sound like a little kid throwing a fit to their mom about not being able to play nintendo before the homework is done.

:runsandhides:

Because this shit pisses me off. This is why I can't go home and smoke a fucking joint after work. This is why I can't carry my firearm if I decide to go into Chicago, one of the most crime ridden cities in the nation. This is why I can't buy a new car without a GPS tracking system that tells anyone with the capability of manipulating On-Star's service where I am. This is why I can't buy a violent video game without having to pull out my ID.

Yes I'm pitching a goddamn conniption because right now there are men and women in a shithole of a country putting their lives on the line for someone else's freedom, people being shot at by those with the attitudes that their narrow minded ideals should dictate the morality of others yet people in this fucking country are happy to sign away the very concepts of liberty to feel safer, to pass the blame onto someone else so they don't have to take some fucking responsibility for their own actions.

I am tired of these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane. :mad:

Last edited:
i think it should be labeled but not banned.

exactly!

Some restaurants have started to put nutritional info on their food (Like McDonald's) other have nutritional facts along with their menus if you ask (which I do sometimes)

Its nice to know if a particular item has trans fat in it, but Making it illegal, or banned isn't exactly a goal worth fighting. Although the "War on Trans Fat" would be immensely easier then any other war on illegal substances if we ever got to that point.

they aren't taking away the cheeseburger or the fries, etc...if tobacco companies were putting bird flu in cigs for no reason, shouldn't that be fixed? this is no different

Yes it is. Bird flu is known disease. There's no reason to be putting that in there. But transitive fats are not this magic substance cooked up by the McDonald's corporation to make people fat.

And people who don't take the time to find out what they're putting in their own bodies should quit their fucking bitching. Either take some responsibility for your own choices or not but leave my diet the fuck out of it.