congrats to NYC

A lot of places have the smoking bans. I don't see it as a huge deal. I smoke, but I also realize that my smoking can effect others. Eating a Happy Meal doesn't hurt or have the potential of hurting anyone but me.

They bother me because the owner of the bar should be allowed to choose. If I own a bar I will allow my patrons to smoke. Period. If people who don't like smoke have a problem with that they can drink somewhere else. Find a bar where no smoking is allowed but again, the government has absolutely no business telling a man what he can and cannot allow in his establishment. As long as it's not a crime the government should have zero say in the matter.

They bother me because the owner of the bar should be allowed to choose. If I own a bar I will allow my patrons to smoke. Period. If people who don't like smoke have a problem with that they can drink somewhere else. Find a bar where no smoking is allowed but again, the government has absolutely no business telling a man what he can and cannot allow in his establishment. As long as it's not a crime the government should have zero say in the matter.

I agree with you on this, really I do. I can understand the reason why there are laws in place like this though. In one area, they made the law that it was okay to smoke in restaurants and bars, but it had to be in a separate area with separate ventilation. I thought that was a reasonable compromise.

and its now become the government's responsibility?

I like to think of the government as my parents. Give me some guidance because I know I don't know everything thats good and bad for me. Meh. Now that doesn't work in every case of course, but when it's something silly as trans-fat... then please be my guest.

I love how the two biggest (w_a_w, April) proponents/hypocrites of the trans fat ban drive sports cars. If the same liberal mentality was used to ban their vehicles they would be squealing like stuck pigs. :rolleyes:

I'd cry, yes. My Mustang is not bad for me, trans fat is tho.

Damn the man.

Last edited:
I like to think of the government as my parents. Give me some guidance because I know I don't know everything thats good and bad for me. Meh. Now that doesn't work in every case of course, but when it's something silly as trans-fat... then please be my guest.

That's where we disagree. I think of the government as our servant.

bunch of old white guys said:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

The US Government has authority because we the people allow it to. To consider yourself a subject of that government is to ignore your basic rights as a free individual.

I love how the two biggest (w_a_w, April) proponents/hypocrites of the trans fat ban drive sports cars. If the same liberal mentality was used to ban their vehicles they would be squealing like stuck pigs. :rolleyes:

cars are necessary transport as you know...I am not advocating banning fatty cheeseburgers, et al...if there was any automotive equivalent, it would be like banning leaded gasoline in favor of unleaded...that's actually a very good parallel

did people piss and moan about being moved to unleaded gas too??

LIBERALS ARE TAKING AWAY OUR RIGHT TO POLLUTE(more)!!! WAHHHHHHH :lol:

Last edited:
Hey man, I need trans fats. If not for them you wouldn't be able to see me from the side. Sure, let people know they are bad for them, but banning them sounds like a terrible idea for the economy and a waste of government time all around.

Also, you really do need a woman to take care of you.

are you offering? :hi2u:

and you're going to help? :eek: :drool:

:fly:

Late to the game...

To summarize:

Fly Navy wants the choice to kill himself and understands the reason trans fat is used (profit).

w_a_w is too lazy to eat healthy and wants the government to make all foods healthy for him, regardless of the fact that it would raise prices and make eating fast food just as expensive. Yet somehow cigarettes and alcohol are okay.

Serioulsy though, who really doesn't think eating food that can be heated up in 1 minute wouldn't be bad for you? We pay for convenience here, and the price is more calories or fat. Plus, you could easily counter the effects of trans fat (as far as weight gain) by exercising more. But we Americans sure as hell aren't going to do that. We have to watch Grey's Anatomy instead.

I agree with FlyNavy on most of his points, except cigarettes. I hate them. I had to grow up breathing that shit and I had no choice in the matter. I probably have scarred lungs because of it and an increased risk of cancer.

Late to the game...

To summarize:

Fly Navy wants the choice to kill himself and understands the reason trans fat is used (profit).

w_a_w is too lazy to eat healthy and wants the government to make all foods healthy for him, regardless of the fact that it would raise prices and make eating fast food just as expensive. Yet somehow cigarettes and alcohol are okay.

Serioulsy though, who really doesn't think eating food that can be heated up in 1 minute wouldn't be bad for you? We pay for convenience here, and the price is more calories or fat. Plus, you could easily counter the effects of trans fat (as far as weight gain) by exercising more. But we Americans sure as hell aren't going to do that. We have to watch Grey's Anatomy instead.

I agree with FlyNavy on most of his points, except cigarettes. I hate them. I had to grow up breathing that shit and I had no choice in the matter. I probably have scarred lungs because of it and an increased risk of cancer.

I actually don't eat that badly...I eat quick usually but not on shit food more often than not...and it's because I'm BUSY more than I'm lazy...also, poisoning/fattening your customers with trans fat means they wont be your customer nearly as long as they might be without it...it's counterproductive in the end

also, poisoning/fattening your customers with trans fat means they wont be your customer nearly as long as they might be without it...it's counterproductive in the end
As I'm too lazy to research, how many years of life do trans fats cut off? Are they really shortening their customer's buying potential by that much?

As I'm too lazy to research, how many years of life do trans fats cut off? Are they really shortening their customer's buying potential by that much?

there are no finite numbers yet but common sense indicates this to be fact...it's giving people serious heart problems and making america fat

there are no finite numbers yet but common sense indicates this to be fact...it's giving people serious heart problems and making america fat

It's making the Americans that eat it fat. People with a propensity for fat in the first place. Fat fucking pigs if will.

Let's get something clear here. America is making America fat. Our choices to eat high calorie/high fat foods and not exercise is making us fat. There is no one culprit (trans fat) causing this. A collective choice of laziness and convenience has caused it.

And don't think that by banning trans fat that our fattness problems would be solved. It would still be entirely possible for me to eat their food and get fat. Companies will soon develop another cheap alternative that we will later discover is harmful.

Let's get something clear here. America is making America fat. Our choices to eat high calorie/high fat foods and not exercise is making us fat. There is no one culprit (trans fat) causing this. A collective choice of laziness and convenience has caused it.

And don't think that by banning trans fat that our fattness problems would be solved. It would still be entirely possible for me to eat their food and get fat. Companies will soon develop another cheap alternative that we will later discover is harmful.

I'm not defending fat people by any means, I'm saying there is no reason for this product to be in any foods do to the inherent health risks involved and also the fact that it was pretty much slipped in to many foods for years with no one knowing what it was or how bad it was...who ever considered an oreo as a potentially deadly food item? they've been around for something like 100 years!