congrats to NYC

trans fat is not a food source in and of itself nor does anyone derive pleasure from it like cigs or alcohol

Hey man, I need trans fats. If not for them you wouldn't be able to see me from the side. Sure, let people know they are bad for them, but banning them sounds like a terrible idea for the economy and a waste of government time all around.

Also, you really do need a woman to take care of you.

it is fairly costly...and I don't eat every meal at mcdonalds...maybe once a week, tops, will I eat there

Well part of the thing that makes those foods so cheap is the trans fats... upgrading to a healthier fat source increases the cost of this convenience food and you know who will pay for that? You will when the prices increase to reflect this improved fat source. Bottom line here is that no matter what happens the consumers ultimately pay for it.

trans fats are NOT a food source...they are an unnecessary ingredient and you know it :p

and deriving pleasure from being cheap is a whole other can of worms :p

Neither is alcohol. Doesn't matter if it's necessary. Chocolate is not a necessary food source. Yes, I derive pleasure from the taste of a cheap mcchicken sandwich. It doesn't matter why I derive pleasure from it if you're going to justify cigarettes because you derive pleasure from smoking.

THe bottom line is that you have no authority to decide what is worth pleasure and what isn't. No one does. Putting that kind of decision making into the hands of the government is a very bad idea.

Hey man, I need trans fats. If not for them you wouldn't be able to see me from the side. Sure, let people know they are bad for them, but banning them sounds like a terrible idea for the economy and a waste of government time all around.

Also, you really do need a woman to take care of you.

qfgdmft

I didnt bother to read the whole thread but NYC already got a state wide smoking ban passed. YOU CANT SMOKE IN BARS IN NY.

FUCK NYC

Chicago is trying to fois gras pate btw.

I didnt bother to read the whole thread but NYC already got a state wide smoking ban passed. YOU CANT SMOKE IN BARS IN NY.

FUCK NYC

A lot of places have the smoking bans. I don't see it as a huge deal. I smoke, but I also realize that my smoking can effect others. Eating a Happy Meal doesn't hurt or have the potential of hurting anyone but me.

A lot of places have the smoking bans. I don't see it as a huge deal. I smoke, but I also realize that my smoking can effect others. Eating a Happy Meal doesn't hurt or have the potential of hurting anyone but me.

I didnt realize that many bars served happy meals.

Florida has it too... no smoking indoors in public pretty much... I like it.

FUCK NYC

Chicago banned foie gras awhile ago and due to the bad press the Mayor, along with many counselmen, is trying to have the ban repealed