Congrats heteros!

If I'm not to belittle, berate, or act prejudiced against other people for their lifestyles, why is okay to constantly do so to mine?

No offense DB, but come on now.

I can't be fired from my job for being male;

I never was thrown out of school for being my male self;

If I was in the military, I could openly discuss my sexuality and not be fired;

Mormons will never rally together to deny me anything;

The Pope will never denounce me for being male;

I get every Social Security benefit available; (Actually no one person can qualify for all benefits because several requirements are mutually exclusive.)

My marriage is accepted in all 50 states;

My maleness would never get in the way of my ability to adopt;

No one will commit violence against me, or murder me for being male.

Entertainers don't insult me or incite violence against me for being male;

I can't be fired from my job for being black;

I never was thrown out of school for being my black self;

The Pope will never denounce me for being black;

I get every Social Security benefit available; (Actually no one person can qualify for all benefits because several requirements are mutually exclusive.)

My blackness would never get in the way of my ability to adopt;

No one will commit violence against me, or murder me for being black.

Entertainers don't insult me or incite violence against me for being black;

Life isnt fair;

I can't buy machine guns.
Can't get federal aid for anything. Or state.
Cant smoke weed.
Cant erect certain types of fences on my own property.
Cant own military avionics equipment.
Have to get my car inspected.
Cant copy movies I own for my own use, without fear of prosecution.
8.65% sales tax.
Capital gains tax! (Not this year though woo lol)

List goes onnnnn. Some people ghave it better, some have it worse, but there is no one set of rules for everyone.

I can't be fired from my job for being heterosexual

But I can get fired from my job for talking about sex at work. It's called harassment in some circles.

Why would I want to openly discuss my sexuality at work? That's private.

Well they might...depends on what I do to offend their rich and powerful lawyers.

The Pope will never denounce me for being heterosexual;

But he might denounce me because I don't believe what he believes. I guess everyone has a right to their beliefs, Pope included.

I get every Social Security benefitavailable;

Sometimes being gay actually works in your favor on this one, I'll forward you examples sometime if you'd like.

But somehow it's never come up except at tax time when I get penalized for being married.

My heterosexuality would never get in the way of my ability to adopt;

My past mental health might though. Life just isn't fair to everyone :(

No one will commit violence against me, or murder me for being heterosexual.

Once someone beat me up in a parking lot in front of a 7-eleven. I still don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm a woman and they wanted to rape me or something. I bet it had nothing to do with my sexuality so it really isn't news worthy. I didn't stop to ask. It sure sucked. There are some bad people out there, but thank goodness there aren't roving hoardes of people going around beating everyone up regardless of their choices. I wonder if the percentage of gay people getting beat up for stupid reasons is greater than that of everyone else.

Entertainers don't insult me or incite violence against me for being heterosexual;

Huh, I kinda feel insulted right now.

I do wonder why gay people are so fixated on being gay and announcing it to everyone. I don't go around telling people about what I do in the bedroom all the time. I could be doing some truely twisted stuff in there, not just taking it up the butt, but that doesn't mean that everyone needs to know it. I'm sorry for the plight of the LGBT community, but do they have to be so in your face about it? I'm willing to bet that the general public would be more willing to put up with it if it weren't rubbed in our faces all the time. I'm not organizing any heterosexual pride parades because I think it would be offensive and in poor taste. There's got to be a better way to go about all this than berating people for their own beliefs and actions and at this point that's how I feel every time I talk to a gay rights activist. Please don't tell me I'm wrong for being who I am.

I believe firmly that DOMA will be overturned, it's just not the biggest issue we are facing as a country. Why should we focus on something that effects 5% of the population when we have issues that effect 10% or 100% of the people?

There's got to be a better way to go about all this than berating people for their own beliefs and actions and at this point that's how I feel every time I talk to a gay rights activist. Please don't tell me I'm wrong for being who I am.

Speaking of this, and working in an academic environment, by which I mean ivory tower not high school, they are probably the worst offenders of general civility out of all the minority groups. Even anti-government-hippy types will calm down most of the time if you are civil.

When it comes to LBGT there is no safe path to dealing with them; you ignore their gayness: you are not recognizing them for who they are! You bring it up as a legitimate topic: you dont /understand/! The non stop lewd commentary is just rude, not 'shocking.' etc.

Yeah yeah, that's not all gays but the general perception is that even if it's not practiced it's generally condoned.

How exactly is this not a gay thread? Dz it's getting sooooooo boring, I know you have a multi-fasceted personality in there somewhere, please show it.

I agree.... DB is much deeper than the gay persona he shows on here. It's all he ever talks about these days. :(

There is more to you than your sexuality, Dave!

How exactly is this not a gay thread? Dz it's getting sooooooo boring, I know you have a multi-fasceted personality in there somewhere, please show it.

I agree.... DB is much deeper than the gay persona he shows on here. It's all he ever talks about these days. :(

There is more to you than your sexuality, Dave!

Not really, I am really that boring.

Just as a sample experiment, count how many times you mention your husband, bf/gf, ex, or if you are a parent your kid. You are basically saying the same thing, that you have a heterosexual relations with someone. Count how many times a man (more generally than a woman) announcing a hot woman, or posts a picture of a hot woman, or makes a comment about a woman in a sexual context. You are basically doing the same thing.

That and I just have nothing else to talk about. Fisting and cocks are much more interesting than a queen getting laid off and having a tough choice whether to sell in a shit market and move or stay and be a Walmart greeter as that is the only job left in this burg. Although I guess I could make something new and post a recipe or instructions about it.

Not really, I am really that boring.

Just as a sample experiment, count how many times you mention your husband, bf/gf, ex, or if you are a parent your kid. You are basically saying the same thing, that you have a heterosexual relations with someone. Count how many times a man (more generally than a woman) announcing a hot woman, or posts a picture of a hot woman, or makes a comment about a woman in a sexual context. You are basically doing the same thing.

this is a crock.

you might as well say if YOU are talking about brown hair, YOU are leaving out everyone that has red.

if YOU are talking about thin people YOU are leaving out everyone that is average or a fat fucking DANA slob.

if YOU don't recognize me with every statement YOU make, YOU hurt my feelings.

this isn't a one topic world. Welcome to Earth.

Yeah dave.. We don't want to hear about your sexual oppression..

rolleyes.gif