Confessions from UF Members

freedom.JPG

Here is a blog I wrote during the primaries which sum up my views on voting

With a majority of states currently in a primary/mid term election timeframe many of us are caught in a barrage of political propaganda and unethical agendas. Vote for me not for him and This candidate voted to have all school age children brought out and shot execution style in the parking lot. So dont vote for him The limits many of the candidates take makes me nauseous. Long gone are the times when the actual issues were a solid platform to run on. Have we drifted so far from our original idea for America that we are left with nothing but agendas that most people cannot even comprehend. Most candidates are doing nothing more that insulting the American public as a whole with their lies. Who are they to say what you want. Last time I checked the elected positions were supposed to be nothing more than a single voice for their public. Not a soapbox for someone to vent their own personal beliefs on. We need to arouse from this political party daze we all seem to be stuck in. To much are we focused on the constant teeter totter or power between the Red and the Blue parties. How many decent people have been overlooked because of their party affiliation. How many political martyrs have these parties made in order to one up the other. Many of us do nothing more than step into the voting booth and click the Republication or Democrat straight down the card not even aware of who these people are that we are casting our vote for. We assume that since they are aligned with the specific party of choice that they are going to stand for what we want. Now step back for a moment and look at how fucking stupid that is. I refuse to cast a single vote for anyone regardless of political affiliation without first at a minimum know who the fuck they are. Let alone their political agenda and campaign platform. We have to much at risk now to sit back and waist votes on political puppets who are going to do nothing more that attempt to further their own career within their said party. We have a war waging on multiple fronts that if shifted the wrong way could cause a rift in America. We have certain people in power throughout the world that threaten our way of life. Men like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Bashir al-Assad, and Kim Jong il are leaving us in a current state of confusion for peace. The days to choose our political leaders on the basis of who will provide the greatest tax cuts are gone. We need to prepare ourselves to deal with many of the issues theses rogue state leaders bring to the table. So during these times of elections do your research and pick your candidate not based on his party but on what he is going to do for you. And most of all just get out and vote. A few weeks ago on a trip back to Kansas they were having their primary elections and less than 18% of registered voters came out to the polls. It was the lowest turnout in decades. Now as a whole everyone resident who did not vote should be ashamed and in my mind loses all foot hold to complain. You can bet your ass that on September 5th and the 7th of November that Im going to be using my right as an American and Floridian and let my voice be heard by my vote. I hope whatever state you are registered with that you will do the same. Dont let the blood of so many be wasted due to laziness and procrastination.

Where do I even do research on candidates at? I see adds on TV promoting a candidate, then I see adds from the opposition telling how the adds promoting the guy were all lies and visa versa.

We shouldn't let the rich lawyers run the country, but what else can we do? I asked the guy at the gas station if he'd run for governor and he simply was interested. I guess the way to go would be to elect professional wrestlers, singers, and actors...