conference room usb connection

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
Trying to finish drawing a wiring diagram for a conference room a/v setup. I know it uses a gefen usb extender (EXT-USB-Mini2) to get usb to the conference room table (for keyboard and mouse control of a remote pc), but then it connects with "6' usb cables" to table mounted usb plates. What i can't figure out is whether the usb plates have type B sockets (so the 6' usb cables are A to B) or if they have type A tails coming out of them and the 6' usb cables are A to A Female.

Anyone know what's typical so I make a decent guess? I'm leaning towards A to A Female since Gefen happens to make that type of cable and these guys like one stop shopping.

Trying to finish drawing a wiring diagram for a conference room a/v setup. I know it uses a gefen usb extender (EXT-USB-Mini2) to get usb to the conference room table (for keyboard and mouse control of a remote pc), but then it connects with "6' usb cables" to table mounted usb plates. What i can't figure out is whether the usb plates have type B sockets (so the 6' usb cables are A to B) or if they have type A tails coming out of them and the 6' usb cables are A to A Female.

Anyone know what's typical so I make a decent guess? I'm leaning towards A to A Female since Gefen happens to make that type of cable and these guys like one stop shopping.
Type A USB, but ... USB connectors in a conference room? For the cost of that Gefen, you could have gotten a very nice bluetooth set and not had to worry about the wiring.

If it works for you, it works for you, but it has been my experience that the more cables the user has to interact with, the more opportunity for problems. They'll find all kinds of ways to crimp, misconnect, and otherwise destroy the cable. Users be crazy. Good luck.