Ontopic Concealed carry on campus coming to Texas?, Looks like it

It makes me laugh when people say this will help violence and gun free zones are bad because if someone else had a gun they could have stopped it. When that moment comes 90% of people would either freeze and not shoot the other person or still hide. I've seen plenty of trained people freeze up when they've actually been put in the situation to shoot a person vs an animal or a target. Shooting a person is much different. Most people who carry just have a false sense of power but put in the spot things change fast and that power disappears fast. Trust me its not easy to pull that trigger even when your life us in danger. I am 100% for ownership but carrying at school only means you're a pussy who should be focused on grades instead of the metal penis in your pants.

I think it's a bad idea purely because college kids are idiots. It will be interesting to watch. Hopefully it works for the sake of those involved.

As opposed to the Mensa-class individuals you find in the bar down the road?

Well that depends on your definition of smart.

I've encountered numerous science/technology PHD's that can't handle simple logic like, oh, I don't know, making sure something is plugged in?

"I have a PHD in high-energy physics!"

"Then why can't you follow the simple instruction of "Click on My Computer"

It makes me laugh when people say this will help violence and gun free zones are bad because if someone else had a gun they could have stopped it. When that moment comes 90% of people would either freeze and not shoot the other person or still hide. I've seen plenty of trained people freeze up when they've actually been put in the situation to shoot a person vs an animal or a target. Shooting a person is much different. Most people who carry just have a false sense of power but put in the spot things change fast and that power disappears fast. Trust me its not easy to pull that trigger even when your life us in danger. I am 100% for ownership but carrying at school only means you're a p*ssy who should be focused on grades instead of the metal p*nis in your pants.

Having a 10 % chance that some one could stop a roaring rampage, vs a 0% is something I'd like to have.

I live downtown and my wife walks to school. She has to walk past this sh*t hole greyhound station and the school it's self attracts sh*t bags. So she's allowed to protect herself all the way to the door w/ a gun. Why should it change once she's inside? Professors , and other staff would also be able carry.

I agree not everyone that carries knows how to stop a threat, but that does not mean none of them do. Even at a young age some people take a... hate his word... Sheep dog mentality. I shoot a lot for "sport", but I also spend a lot of time training for different situations. I practice drawning from concealment, shooting on the move etc etc. The sucky thing is you can't do this stuff at your local gun range. You have to find a "pistol/gun club" Or have a shooting lease like I have.

Oh, also I notice most people that can carry... They don't. They have a CHL, but maybe keep a gun in the car.

Last edited:
I would be more in favor of a system where only administrators and teachers can carry on campus.

Why? CHL holders are adults, and that's who this applies to. Putting one adult in charge of the safety of a room full of adults is incongruous with what they are trying to achieve. Those adults need to be able to provide for their own safety if necessary.

In my opinion people should be allowed to carry guns everywhere. The right to self protection should not end because one chooses to attend a ball game, go to a bar, or get a degree.

Most of my professors weren't even american and only had a few years on me...

I can see your line of thought but your thinking has some serious flaws.

Society would be 12,000 times more civil if everyone open carried. Visual accountability is a powerful thing.