Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥50,768
Steam
heyfubuddy
I figured it was somehow @fly s fault, but the governor is just an idiot
So, florida folks, go to your designated internment center and turn in all your computer.
It was nice knowing you
Well, some of you, anyways.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/08/florida-banned-computers_n_3561701.html

Huffinton Post said:
In April Florida Governor Rick Scottapproved a ban on slot machines and Internet cafes after a charity tied to Lt. Governor Jennifer Carroll was shut down on suspicion of being an Internet gambling front -- forcing Carroll, who had consulted with the charity, to resign.Florida's 1,000 Internet cafes were shut down immediately, including Miami-Dade's Incredible Investments, LLC, a café that provides online services to migrant workers, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
The owner, Consuelo Zapata, is now suing the state after her legal team found that the ban was so hastily worded that it can be applied to any computer or device connected to the Internet, according to a copy of the complaint obtained by The Miami Herald.
The ban defines illegal slot machines as any "system or network of devices" that may be used in a game of chance.
And that broad wording can be applied to any number of devices, according to the Miami law firm of Kluger, Kaplan, Silverman, Katzen & Levine, who worked with constitutional law attorney and Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz.
The suit maintains that the ban was essentially passed "in a frenzy fueled by distorted judgment in the wake of a scandal that included the Lieutenant Governor’s resignation" and declares it unconstitutional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott is such a bad governor that even my 89 year old grandfather went out of his way to bad mouth him while I was there a couple weeks ago. He trades stocks on his ipad. :cool:

Seriously. And we still have people out here defending the guy... It's amazing.

However, it's nearly impossible to find anyone actually admit to voting for him. He's that bad that even the most steadfast Republicans kind of mumble their answer under their hand when they say who they voted for last year. Usually as a plane flies over head.

Scott is such a bad governor that even my 89 year old grandfather went out of his way to bad mouth him while I was there a couple weeks ago. He trades stocks on his ipad. :cool:

Is someone monitoring his finances to make sure he's not being robbed? There are entire industries devoted to robbing the elderly. I spent hundred of hours trying to un-fuck my grandfather's finances because of villains like that, and, if I ever meet one of them, I will have no compunction about stomping one of their lungs into rib peppered jelly.

Is someone monitoring his finances to make sure he's not being robbed? There are entire industries devoted to robbing the elderly. I spent hundred of hours trying to un-fuck my grandfather's finances because of villains like that, and, if I ever meet one of them, I will have no compunction about stomping one of their lungs into rib peppered jelly.

He's sharp as a tack and relatively healthy to boot. No worries there. He had to pay a bundle in taxes last year because he did so well in the market on his ipad.
He was talking about getting his pilot's license while we were visiting. Crazy shit. He started in pilot school in WWII and switched to Airborne. I guess he's regretted it since.

He's sharp as a tack and relatively healthy to boot. No worries there. He had to pay a bundle in taxes last year because he did so well in the market on his ipad.
He was talking about getting his pilot's license while we were visiting. Crazy shit. He started in pilot school in WWII and switched to Airborne. I guess he's regretted it since.

Would he have done worse on a regular computer, or an Android tablet?

Would he have done worse on a regular computer, or an Android tablet?

He's had computers since the mid 90s and never got into it. Grandmother as well. I gave them numerous lessons to no avail. The ipad was finally unintimidating enough that he got into it. One of my relatives gave it to him a year or 2 ago. He retired in 92 so he missed computers entirely in his position.

:cool:

82nd or 101st?

Any cool stories that he is willing to share?

:cool:

82nd or 101st?

Any cool stories that he is willing to share?

He's very reticent to even discuss it. I've seen his honorable discharge papers, some Airborne pins and hat, a couple pics of his unit but not much else. He went to Toccoa in north GA for Airborne. I don't know much beyond that. I know more about his older brother who was the captain of a boat sunk in Luzon, oddly enough.

That's good to hear, but remember: Things will fall apart in The Fullness Of Time, and it would be good for a trusted family member to act as guardian.

That's good to hear, but remember: Things will fall apart in The Fullness Of Time, and it would be good for a trusted family member to act as guardian.

Well, yeah. That's a forgone conclusion unless he expires before his mind does. He has plenty of kids keeping an eye on things since he had 7 and they're almost all extremely well off. For all intents and purposes I'm their 8th. One is even giving him 6 figures to play with in the market since he's doing so well and has historically done so. Trust there are people looking out and with vastly more resources to do so than myself.