FYI Computers now illegal in Florida

Why can't you have Internet at work?

It's not unusual for banks to completely shut down internet access. If not for our MDs, we would probably do the same.

The reason being, primarily, is how it enables ID theft. Either making it easy to ship out from inside, or letting morons get their computers infected so externals can come in and clean the place out.

It's not unusual for banks to completely shut down internet access. If not for our MDs, we would probably do the same.

The reason being, primarily, is how it enables ID theft. Either making it easy to ship out from inside, or letting morons get their computers infected so externals can come in and clean the place out.

I can understand the first one, but the latter one, shouldn't happen if things were set up properly. (meaning a person's computer shouldn't have direct access to confidential information, when they access that stuff, they should do it via Citrix connection or something like that.)

Why can't you have Internet at work?
The CEO wants everyone to focus on work. Only senior execs have the web. I can only access what's needed for my job.
Didn't the deadline for the layoffs come and go? So you're safe?
Supposedly.

Everything that could be potentially nefarious is blocked. All ports are disabled and those that aren't are shadow copied.
I can understand the first one, but the latter one, shouldn't happen if things were set up properly. (meaning a person's computer shouldn't have direct access to confidential information, when they access that stuff, they should do it via Citrix connection or something like that.)
Personal information is housed on a mainframe among other things. Everyone needs to connect to the mainframe for transaction processing. Everything (and I mean everything) done on the mainframe is logged and reviewed for security. Reports are generated, all that good stuff.

We always get the top score in our OCC IT audits.

That's extremely common I understand. These kids saw horrific things and then had to go back to reality. f*ck everything about it. Can't blame 'em.

I once asked my grandfather (I was very young at the time) why all of the movies from back in the day were about singing and dancing and being silly, and he said it was the best way to forget. :( I guess after millions of casualties you just want to be happy and think about happy things.

Personal information is housed on a mainframe among other things. Everyone needs to connect to the mainframe for transaction processing. Everything (and I mean everything) done on the mainframe is logged and reviewed for security. Reports are generated, all that good stuff.

Basically what I was getting at. We scored fairly high in our SOC 2 audit

Because of the fucked up way we set up our original agreements, we need the loacl MD's approval for big budget items like converting their ancient ass tech over to something modern.

It's been a major issue. We've done a good job of blocking lots of stuff. Clinical systems on are a subnet that has no access to the outside world, but there is some intermingling between the admin and clinical subnets.

Luckily, most of our people are so fucking stupid, they wouldn't even know where to find a file to copy if they even wanted to.

hah, that reminds me. I worked on an OCC contract a number of years ago. one of the best jobs I ever had, got to fly around the country on the company dime

once I asked exactly what they did and after explaining it to me I realized they were the people that should have been able to stop the 2008 collapse. fucktards

hah, that reminds me. I worked on an OCC contract a number of years ago. one of the best jobs I ever had, got to fly around the country on the company dime

once I asked exactly what they did and after explaining it to me I realized they were the people that should have been able to stop the 2008 collapse. fucktards
Lol pretty much, but the OCC is relatively new, it used to be the OTS.

I don't understand this thread. I knew Florida was fucked up already but I feel like this is a new low. In today's economy why would you ban any type of business? They're legalizing new markets in some states, FL makes technology illegal? Goddamn. What the actual fuck.

How do these fucktards keep getting elected?

Lol teaparty

LOL Wrong

These idiots are usually voted in by people who vote straight party ticket whether it be D or R. The Rs are usually big government right wing populists not tea party people.
You live in Florida? Did you live through the 2010 election and see the tea partiers rallying for him? His first big event for the election was at a tea party rally.
Suck a diiiiiiiiiick.