Ontopic Computer folks, assemble!!!!

Synology NAS + offsite backup service. Low power, minimal amount of space required, easy to setup, slick web admin interface, addons to stream video/music/photos on network or offsite, Android apps to do said tasks. I like iDrive for offsite backup. Works good. Can use rsync to backup from Synology NAS for an all-in-one solution. Should set you back probably $300ish with a harddrive in a 1-bay solution. Prices may have changed.

Airdust out laptop. Maybe reapply thermal paste, check video chipset, shim if necessary. Reload Windows. That would be my best suggestion. Start saving some bones, buy NAS first, then replace laptop later.

Last edited:
I have 36 terabytes of media.

Find me a cloud that will hold that, and deliver it to me at 14 MB/s minimum.

Ill just keep on hosting servers in my basement at no monthly cost at 1.2GB/s local speed and 200MB/s over bonded gigabit thx. [/epenis]

faster_bigger.jpg

i do share it with people, but you're a creepy fucker, so you screwed yourself out of that one.

good price, i think we're finally recovered/recovering from that thailand/postthailand price-fixing debaucle.

My current upgrade path is 2tb'ers or id jump on that

I dont know you.
You know I live in Chicago and do upholstery on the side. I have Linux commands in my Sig, and my wife sells dildos. I also drive an E30 with a tasteless vanity plate that the forum picked and paid for.

What else is there to know?

You know I live in Chicago and do upholstery on the side. I have Linux commands in my Sig, and my wife sells dildos. I also drive an E30 with a tasteless vanity plate that the forum picked and paid for.

What else is there to know?

I actually did know all that, except the e30 thing.

I also know you a red-bearded trucker looking dude. I think.

I actually did know all that, except the e30 thing.

I also know you a red-bearded trucker looking dude. I think.
Yep, I've MMS'd pics of it before. Tons of fun to drive, lowering it this spring.

Yep, that's me with the red beard. I work in IT, not a trucker

Edit: now you know me. How bout that server?

Last edited:
Last edited: