Company of Heroes thread

reverendsaintjay said:
I have a hard enough time keeping up with the group I play Civ4 with... I don't think there's room for another RTS in my tiny little computer game world right now.
Last time I checked, the Civ series isn't an RTS. Is 4 really an RTS?

fly said:
Last time I checked, the Civ series isn't an RTS. Is 4 really an RTS?

And there you go, I can't even properly define the genre... :eek:

I got Rise of Nations: Rise of legends free with my PC. The game disc currently keeps my frosty beverages from leaving rings on my coffee table. I played the crap out of Battle for Middle Earth until I realized that it, like all previous RTS games, was a race to resources. The game crew put a lot of stock into BFME2 but I just couldn't get into it. The BF2 peeps aren't speaking highly of 2142, evidently the beta felt like not much more than a futuristic mod for the existing game.

So right now it's GW, Civ 4 (warlords), and a fun 2d shooter called DUO2. I cancelled my WoW account (again)... I don't think I'm going back this time though.

And that concludes the Reverendsaintjay Gaming Update.

reverendsaintjay said:
And there you go, I can't even properly define the genre... :eek:

I got Rise of Nations: Rise of legends free with my PC. The game disc currently keeps my frosty beverages from leaving rings on my coffee table. I played the crap out of Battle for Middle Earth until I realized that it, like all previous RTS games, was a race to resources. The game crew put a lot of stock into BFME2 but I just couldn't get into it. The BF2 peeps aren't speaking highly of 2142, evidently the beta felt like not much more than a futuristic mod for the existing game.

So right now it's GW, Civ 4 (warlords), and a fun 2d shooter called DUO2. I cancelled my WoW account (again)... I don't think I'm going back this time though.

And that concludes the Reverendsaintjay Gaming Update.
Ya, well 2142 is essentially a mod, as it uses the same engine. This is the same pattern that they used for 42 and BF:V, and I enjoyed the hell out of BF:V. :iono:

fly said:
Ya, well 2142 is essentially a mod, as it uses the same engine. This is the same pattern that they used for 42 and BF:V, and I enjoyed the hell out of BF:V. :iono:

Well all I know is that now my daughter can whip your ass at Star Wars Lego.

bast_imret said:
I'm downloading a copy of SW Lego II.

Edit: by the way, based on the title, I think it's perfectly legal to download a copy of Call of Juarez.
I just got SW lego 2 and frankly it's hard as fuck tyo control on a mouse and keypad. the controls suck ass.

fly said:
Anyone played this game yet? IGN gave it a 9.4 and I fucking love RTS. On my way to Mexico now.
I played through the tutorial yesterday, and watched the guy next to me at work play for a little bit. So far its pretty sweet.

You have to use tatics to win. You need to flank enemies to really take them down with the least ammont of damage, you get snipers to place in buildings, you have to make supply trains, tanks need to be shot on their week spots to hurt them, and if you imobiilze one you can use your enginers to recover it. You can also take over enemies guns et al...

xoblivion said:
I played through the tutorial yesterday, and watched the guy next to me at work play for a little bit. So far its pretty sweet.

You have to use tatics to win. You need to flank enemies to really take them down with the least ammont of damage, you get snipers to place in buildings, you have to make supply trains, tanks need to be shot on their week spots to hurt them, and if you imobiilze one you can use your enginers to recover it. You can also take over enemies guns et al...
Yeah, I played the shit out of the game this weekend. Quality stuff and an interesting way to do resources. Great game.

Onnotangu said:
I just got SW lego 2 and frankly it's hard as fuck tyo control on a mouse and keypad. the controls suck ass.

Knyte's been playing that on his Xbox, it looks kind of fun. I tried to join him Saturday, but was unsuccessful at actually getting to play while taking care of the kids.