Company of Heroes thread

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
75,867
25,936
1,323
Marklar
₥62,053
Steam
mattressfish
reverendsaintjay said:
I have a hard enough time keeping up with the group I play Civ4 with... I don't think there's room for another RTS in my tiny little computer game world right now.
Last time I checked, the Civ series isn't an RTS. Is 4 really an RTS?
 

reverendsaintjay

Flaccid Member
Jan 5, 2006
512
0
0
46
Maryland
Marklar
₥0
fly said:
Last time I checked, the Civ series isn't an RTS. Is 4 really an RTS?

And there you go, I can't even properly define the genre... :eek:

I got Rise of Nations: Rise of legends free with my PC. The game disc currently keeps my frosty beverages from leaving rings on my coffee table. I played the crap out of Battle for Middle Earth until I realized that it, like all previous RTS games, was a race to resources. The game crew put a lot of stock into BFME2 but I just couldn't get into it. The BF2 peeps aren't speaking highly of 2142, evidently the beta felt like not much more than a futuristic mod for the existing game.

So right now it's GW, Civ 4 (warlords), and a fun 2d shooter called DUO2. I cancelled my WoW account (again)... I don't think I'm going back this time though.

And that concludes the Reverendsaintjay Gaming Update.
 

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
75,867
25,936
1,323
Marklar
₥62,053
Steam
mattressfish
reverendsaintjay said:
And there you go, I can't even properly define the genre... :eek:

I got Rise of Nations: Rise of legends free with my PC. The game disc currently keeps my frosty beverages from leaving rings on my coffee table. I played the crap out of Battle for Middle Earth until I realized that it, like all previous RTS games, was a race to resources. The game crew put a lot of stock into BFME2 but I just couldn't get into it. The BF2 peeps aren't speaking highly of 2142, evidently the beta felt like not much more than a futuristic mod for the existing game.

So right now it's GW, Civ 4 (warlords), and a fun 2d shooter called DUO2. I cancelled my WoW account (again)... I don't think I'm going back this time though.

And that concludes the Reverendsaintjay Gaming Update.
Ya, well 2142 is essentially a mod, as it uses the same engine. This is the same pattern that they used for 42 and BF:V, and I enjoyed the hell out of BF:V. :iono:
 

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
23,575
14,691
473
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,663
fly said:
Ya, well 2142 is essentially a mod, as it uses the same engine. This is the same pattern that they used for 42 and BF:V, and I enjoyed the hell out of BF:V. :iono:

Well all I know is that now my daughter can whip your ass at Star Wars Lego.
 

Onnotangu

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
11,644
30
0
47
Detroit, MI USA
Marklar
₥0
bast_imret said:
I'm downloading a copy of SW Lego II.


Edit: by the way, based on the title, I think it's perfectly legal to download a copy of Call of Juarez.
I just got SW lego 2 and frankly it's hard as fuck tyo control on a mouse and keypad. the controls suck ass.
 

xoblivion

Flaccid Member
Jan 5, 2006
96
0
0
Marklar
₥0
fly said:
Anyone played this game yet? IGN gave it a 9.4 and I fucking love RTS. On my way to Mexico now.
I played through the tutorial yesterday, and watched the guy next to me at work play for a little bit. So far its pretty sweet.

You have to use tatics to win. You need to flank enemies to really take them down with the least ammont of damage, you get snipers to place in buildings, you have to make supply trains, tanks need to be shot on their week spots to hurt them, and if you imobiilze one you can use your enginers to recover it. You can also take over enemies guns et al...
 

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
75,867
25,936
1,323
Marklar
₥62,053
Steam
mattressfish
xoblivion said:
I played through the tutorial yesterday, and watched the guy next to me at work play for a little bit. So far its pretty sweet.

You have to use tatics to win. You need to flank enemies to really take them down with the least ammont of damage, you get snipers to place in buildings, you have to make supply trains, tanks need to be shot on their week spots to hurt them, and if you imobiilze one you can use your enginers to recover it. You can also take over enemies guns et al...
Yeah, I played the shit out of the game this weekend. Quality stuff and an interesting way to do resources. Great game.
 

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
20,926
8,968
623
Summer
Marklar
₥9,519
Onnotangu said:
I just got SW lego 2 and frankly it's hard as fuck tyo control on a mouse and keypad. the controls suck ass.

Knyte's been playing that on his Xbox, it looks kind of fun. I tried to join him Saturday, but was unsuccessful at actually getting to play while taking care of the kids.