Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars Demo

Yeah I posted about this over at [M]. I just keep forgetting to set up the download overnight, as I only have 1.5mbit dsl so it'd take awhile to grab.
Plus I despise fileplanet, so I need to track down a DDL somewhere.

I also loved the series. However, I've grown too accustomed to C&C Generals, and have forgotten completely about tiberium and whatnot.

C&C game series soundtracks are the best! Hellmarch has to be my favorite song.

:cool: ever since I heard about this I decided to reinstall C&C: The First Decade and I was actually just playing some Tiberian Sun before I saw this thread

I can't wait :D although I'm not signing up for fileplanet to I found it on usenet :p
Yeah I posted about this over at [M]. I just keep forgetting to set up the download overnight, as I only have 1.5mbit dsl so it'd take awhile to grab.
Plus I despise fileplanet, so I need to track down a DDL somewhere.

I also loved the series. However, I've grown too accustomed to C&C Generals, and have forgotten completely about tiberium and whatnot.

C&C game series soundtracks are the best! Hellmarch has to be my favorite song.

lol I used to have the actual Tiberian Sun soundtrack. djfacemachine's music sometimes reminds me of it :lol:

Last edited:
I pulled it via torrent on demonoid.com

just played the sole campaign and skirmish boards...looks pretty good
mammoth tanks crush everything badly

lol after I finished downloading it I realized I could also get it via EA Link :p

anyways, just installed and watched the beginning...I saw michael ironside, sawyer from Lost and both Boomer and Number Six from Battlestar Galactica :lol:

Just played the demo gdi mission. Not too shabby. The right and left clicking is screwing me up though. So used to Generals where left clicking moved the troops. Nice in-game movies too.

Tiberian Sun also used the previous method of left clicking moving the troops. I used to play a lot of Armada 2 so this is actually more familiar for me. :p Fun game, still need to tweak around with the graphic settings.

My biggest beef is the viewable area. I should be able to zoom out a looooot more than this. When I jacked up the resolution on Tib Sun to 1280x1024 from the puny 800x600 I could see most of my bases and I make them huge. I prefer scrolling as little as possible and some zooming out action would help.

Otherwise, fun game.

btw anyone that has bf2142 or used the ea downloader/ea link for bf2 special forces/eurotrash/armored furries can download the demo via the EA Link.

Downloading now...

I have been following S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl.

Doesn't appear there will be a demo.

In my experience when a developer doesn't put out a pre-release demo it's because their game sucks and they're hoping they'll get sales based off of marketing. Based on this games history....well, ya know.

In my experience when a developer doesn't put out a pre-release demo it's because their game sucks and they're hoping they'll get sales based off of marketing. Based on this games history....well, ya know.

Yep! Sure has been the trend there.

Though, one of the reasons for demos in the old days was to fine tune multiplayer. Now, you're lucky to get a quality PC game at all, let alone some well tuned online play.

The one thing that scares developers is the potential of a community.

My dad has a BB GC burning a hole in his pocket and was looking to pick up a game. He like the war stuff (he's an ex-marine) but gets a little bored with FPS games. He showed some interest in the RTS category, and I suggested Company of Heroes, but also suggested he wait and see what C&C3 reviews were like. Alot of you really seemed to like CoH, any care to compare and contrast the two games? (I never played CoH, so I'm not sure what it's like, seems like a RTS hybrid).

C&C3 isn't a vast departure from the previous iterations but I enjoyed playing it enough to likely go buy it...haven't played the other game to compare though

I get another 512 of ram today so finally be at the hugggge 1 gig, haha

I used to pwn C&C so I am sure I still can.

try the demo in brutal mode on skirmish:p
I was owning the hell out of the level below, hard, but brutal was just that