Halp COME SEE APRILS NEW PUPPY!!1

Maybe it was because of the breed, but the one dog I ever had (lab/shep mix) was instinctively protective. She would do 'rounds' through the entire house every night until everyone was home. Best dog ever.

Yes indeed, most dogs will guard in some way, huskys will not at all. Small dogs are great guard dogs because they bark so much (beagles being a great example April)...except of course Basenji's who can't bark :fly: Mine barks at things once or twice due to the shep in her etc., but then I thank her and keep her quiet so it doesn't become bothersome.

rofl, you have no idea what you are talking about. You have one dog and all of the sudden you're an expert. lol.

Coming back at me with solid evidence I see. Perhaps you could direct your 'you have no idea what you're talking about' to the genetic scientists who published the evidence I posted. I know lots of people with huskys, Kes has a husky friend, I know people who show, work and breed huskys.

rofl, you have no idea what you are talking about. You have one dog and all of the sudden you're an expert. lol.

I know I'm not an expert and I've been with rescues for over six years, a dog owner for about 20, and a dog lover my whole life. :/

I know I'm not an expert and I've been with rescues for over six years, a dog owner for about 20, and a dog lover my whole life. :/

I'm no expert either, nor will I probably ever be. But I have spent the entire year researching, studying, conversing etc. about dogs for hours pretty much every single day so I've picked up quite a lot in that time from internets, books, full time trainers, breeders etc. so yeah. Surprisingly before I studied lots of things about dogs I didn't know all that much about dogs aside from owning them, funny that.

Showing your distinct lack of knowledge in this area again Mr Asa.:waw:
I, who have worked in a field where I had to install products in people's homes and thus have been to thousands of houses in the Tallahassee/Leon county area, have no clue what domestic dogs are like in the US? Whereas you, some little girl in the UK knows more about what domestic dogs in the US are like?

OK!
Most dogs in America have zero guarding instincts? Most dog breeds in America are untrustworthy off lead even if trained? Most dogs in America would have zero problem running for miles away from their owner instead of staying nearby? Most dogs in America can't do obedience work? Most dogs have a huge prey drive?

Yeah...alright then.
No, they don't. Of all the dogs I met while working in Tallahassee, there was one that had to be put outside for being too aggressive towards myself and the guy I worked with. The others had to be put outside because they interfered with our work.
Oh, so now we're going with "highly trained" dogs instead of "the breed cannot be trained." Gotcha. You define "highly trained" then I'll play with you some more.
I know of no dog owner in America that does not freak out whenever their dog gets out, the dumbasses just wander. They might not immediately bolt and end up in Alaska, but they will wander, then get hit by a car.
Most dogs in American can't do obedience work, none of the ones I'm around regularly, none of the ones I've seen at the dog park. Most dog owners in America don't care about obedience training.
My dog, a Heinz 57 if ever there was one, will ignore me absolutely and completely if she is chasing a lizard (and god knows where she finds those things! it's only Florida!!), Jill, my gf's brother's dog is a fat tub of lard that won't chase a tennis ball unless she knows she will get the ball, the only real reliable way we can get her to chase a tennis ball is to throw it in the pool because none of the others really swim. She catches squirrels. Not chases, catches. Julie, my dad's english pitbull smelled out, and dug through half a foot of swamp mud to get to a turtle.

You have no clue what you are talking about, but I'll be glad to listen to whatever fact you think will distract me from your rebuttal.

I'm no expert either, nor will I probably ever be. But I have spent the entire year researching, studying, conversing etc. about dogs for hours pretty much every single day so I've picked up quite a lot in that time from internets, books, full time trainers, breeders etc. so yeah. Surprisingly before I studied lots of things about dogs I didn't know all that much about dogs aside from owning them, funny that.
Know what actual mechanics hate about engineers?

Engineers think they actually know how what they designed works.

I, who have worked in a field where I had to install products in people's homes and thus have been to thousands of houses in the Tallahassee/Leon county area, have no clue what domestic dogs are like in the US? Whereas you, some little girl in the UK knows more about what domestic dogs in the US are like?

OK!

No, they don't. Of all the dogs I met while working in Tallahassee, there was one that had to be put outside for being too aggressive towards myself and the guy I worked with. The others had to be put outside because they interfered with our work.
Oh, so now we're going with "highly trained" dogs instead of "the breed cannot be trained." Gotcha. You define "highly trained" then I'll play with you some more.
I know of no dog owner in America that does not freak out whenever their dog gets out, the dumbasses just wander. They might not immediately bolt and end up in Alaska, but they will wander, then get hit by a car.
Most dogs in American can't do obedience work, none of the ones I'm around regularly, none of the ones I've seen at the dog park. Most dog owners in America don't care about obedience training.
My dog, a Heinz 57 if ever there was one, will ignore me absolutely and completely if she is chasing a lizard (and god knows where she finds those things! it's only Florida!!), Jill, my gf's brother's dog is a fat tub of lard that won't chase a tennis ball unless she knows she will get the ball, the only real reliable way we can get her to chase a tennis ball is to throw it in the pool because none of the others really swim. She catches squirrels. Not chases, catches. Julie, my dad's english pitbull smelled out, and dug through half a foot of swamp mud to get to a turtle.

You have no clue what you are talking about, but I'll be glad to listen to whatever fact you think will distract me from your rebuttal.

So your respose is anecdotal evidence instead of actually coming at me with sources about dog behaviour, trainability and obedience?

PS As far as I'm aware there's no such thing as an English Pitbull, perhaps you mean Irish SBT?

I'm telling you what I have personally seen. Fun fact, before the Scientific Method goes into play, someone takes some anecdotal evidence, says "hrm, I wonder if this is true" and then goes off to prove it

And it's funny, I can Google Image Search "English pitbull" and find plenty of pics of dogs that look like Julie, is your computer broken? If so, how are you posting here? Are you a wizard, Cary?

All your anecdotal evidence points to is: Most people around me don't bother to train their dogs. That has zero to do with how trainable their dogs are, or how obedient they could be, so what's your point? That people are shitty dog owners anyway so who cares what dog they have? :confused:

Show me which picture looks like the dog, because there is no such thing as an English Pitbull, and none of the images that come up have both the words English and Pitbull for me, infact one is labelled a pitbull and it's clearly just an English Bulldog. Try non image searching and find me a page discussing english pitbulls as a breed please.

:lol: @ using image search, on my first page:

lulzow.jpg

Sooo... If most people in America don't bother to properly train their dog.... What the fuck does it matter if Huskys are "untrainable"
Dumbass

Here, a picture of Julie, does this help?

12644_105381062808591_482990_n.jpg

Sooo... If most people in America don't bother to properly train their dog.... What the fuck does it matter if Huskys are "untrainable"
Dumbass

Here, a picture of Julie, does this help?

12644_105381062808591_482990_n.jpg

Oh I see, so your argument is that because people are shitty dog owners it doesn't matter which kind of breed they chose to neglect. Nice.

And actually that's the one uploader I can't view from work, do an imgur?

Oh I see, so your argument is that because people are shitty dog owners it doesn't matter which kind of breed they chose to neglect. Nice.

And actually that's the one uploader I can't view from work, do an imgur?

No honey, its a signal that Im done playing with you, in this case its because I havr to go to school.
The signal wouldve been clearer if you couldve seen the pic. You can copy the URL and upload it to imgur without ever seeing the pic