GAY Combo Breaker Spam Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the olden days, people could afford to move instead.

#whiteflight
Yeah, but now we're trying to have it both ways - "gentrifying" the diverse, hip neighborhoods, while sending our kids to school with all the other white kids with the old money in the reliably white neighborhoods.

Yeah, that bugs the shit out of me, and my own sister did it up until last year in Austin.
because of how funding for public schools work, wealthier neighborhoods can horde their wealth & give their kids access to quality public education & leave the plebs to fend for themselves. I personally think that while both are "wrong," there is a big difference between trying to ensure your child has access to a quality public education regardless of where you can afford to live is a way more understandable transgression than parents who can already afford to give their nearly-grown kids everything they need, & who don't NEED ivy-league education to be able to compete with the rich kids whose poorest friends' parents are all c-level execs who'll give them jobs regardless of merit spending ridiculous amounts of money to ensure said rich kids STAY ahead of the plebs & can point to what they've "earned" to prove it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
because of how funding for public schools work, wealthier neighborhoods can horde their wealth & give their kids access to quality public education & leave the plebs to fend for themselves. I personally think that while both are "wrong," there is a big difference between trying to ensure your child has access to a quality public education regardless of where you can afford to live is a way more understandable transgression than parents who can already afford to give their nearly-grown kids everything they need, & who don't NEED ivy-league education to be able to compete with the rich kids whose poorest friends' parents are all c-level execs who'll give them jobs regardless of merit spending ridiculous amounts of money to ensure said rich kids STAY ahead of the plebs & can point to what they've "earned" to prove it.
I'm relieved that we don't have the dumb "Independent School Districts" here in Albuquerque that Texas does.

Albuquerque Public Schools covers the whole of the city, rich to poor, and while the school ratings (we letter grade each school periodically) do skew towards the richer neighborhoods, I'm not convinced that it's not an intrinsic quality of the education that we're trying to push rather than an inequitable distribution of funding to the individual schools.

this is bullshit. Sounds good to try and shift the blame(again), and no doubt will have a small crew of 'uh huh!' 'ers around it, but total bullshit.

The beef is that "the rules" aren't being enforced.

Seriously. The bullshit spin put on things to make it palatable is breathtaking.
You wasted a perfectly good opportunity to call me out on my position that asylum seekers should be welcomed while these idiots who think they should be able to buy their way through the inherently white supremacist SAT/ACT regime should be punished?

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
School vouchers. Public school is a monopoly system based on "you will pay for children's mandatory education within our curriculum whether you have children or not". I'll make a deal with you- end this bullshit system and I'll sign a petition to eradicate the electoral college.

this is bullshit. Sounds good to try and shift the blame(again), and no doubt will have a small crew of 'uh huh!' 'ers around it, but total bullshit.

The beef is that "the rules" aren't being enforced.

Seriously. The bullshit spin put on things to make it palatable is breathtaking.
I think you're reading that wrong. Or maybe I am. It's not a blame shift it's pointing out how some people are being hypercritical over both situtations. Like saying the college thing is ok because they are just being good parents by using whatever means they have to better their childs life. But in the other situation which is the exact same basis if action they say is wrong.

• Gravy
Reactions: august and Jehannum
School vouchers. Public school is a monopoly system based on "you will pay for children's mandatory education within our curriculum whether you have children or not". I'll make a deal with you- end this bullshit system and I'll sign a petition to eradicate the electoral college.
School vouchers are just another race to the bottom.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
I think you're reading that wrong. Or maybe I am. It's not a blame shift it's pointing out how some people are being hypercritical over both situtations. Like saying the college thing is ok because they are just being good parents by using whatever means they have to better their childs life. But in the other situation which is the exact same basis if action they say is wrong.
I don't think either parents are more or less at fault than the other. They're both exploiting a gap in the system to benefit themselves.

Lack of education is a path to many personal and societal ills. I linked to a study in the shooter thread - high percentage of shooter, serial and otherwise have less than a HS education. We all pay the price for under-educated peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.