GAY Combo Breaker Spam Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest difference I've noticed playing in bands that used them is they're hotter.
Maybe a little crisper/clearer but I don't know if that's really there or if it just seems so because it's simply a hotter mic.
Hotter is a good description. So I get +10 DB it might just be enough to get me from PeeWee Herman to a low rent Steve Miller.

Hotter is a good description. So I get +10 DB it might just be enough to get me from PeeWee Herman to a low rent Steve Miller.

I can project well. My problem is having a bass voice that gets this nasally sound in its upper ranges, like where almost all popular forms of music have their vocals.

Maybe I'll start a doowop group so I can stay in the bottom.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I can project well. My problem is having a bass voice that gets this nasally sound in its upper ranges, like where almost all popular forms of music have their vocals.

I have opposite problem - somewhere between Michael MacDonald and Michael Jackson. I have to fake it to sing bass and it sounds like it. Missus always tells me to stop before I hurt myself. :( Definitely useless for smoke & whiskey RnR.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

I love doo-wop. That was my first pro gig.
In 1995 I was probably the last new doo-wop singer for all time.

@august check musicians friend. Com for the stupid deal of the day. They bought a surplus of condenser microphones back in the naughties and they have been putting them on sale every other day since.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Unless it's not Alto in the middle. Nap soon.

Alto is the lower of the women's voices.

Dividing a whole choir into 8 we used from bottom to top. Bass, baritone, tenor II, tenor I for the men. Then for the women Alto Ii, Alto I, soprano Ii, and soprano I.
Some would use soprano and mezzo soprano in lieu of II and I.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Ok. Then why does Charlie Parker's sax sound lower than Coltrane?

That whole vocal division & classification system is probably offensive to someone's gender by now anyways but saxophones follow it too.
Bari, tenor, alto, soprano.
Alto and soprano are for girls and Kenny G.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and nukes
Status
Not open for further replies.