GAY Combo Breaker Spam Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to get the other half of my shop floor painted and it’s a bit of a struggle moving everything out.

Why do I have 4 vcr’s, 4 audio mixers, an unsupported FireWire Audio interface, 2 outdated DVCAM VTR’s, and two gigantic Peavey folded horn subs?

Off to county electronics recycling tomorrow.

Oh, and an old SD pro video camera.

And three old Mini-dv camcorders.

Jeebus fuck.

Towards the end they were going around various threads asking people how to get their account closed.
In the same whacked out posting style though. Not as if a parent took the iPad back from a kid.
I was concerned about this so I went out into the storm to clear the vent out. Snow was a few inches below the intake and exhaust pipes thankfully.
Nah, that's why it wouldn't run - no fresh intake, there are two pressure switches that avoid that. Plus very sealed. I am assuming this is high efficiency as a regular furnace would have kept going. And yeah, it might have been crickets for you.
*I had that happen a few years ago. Apparently the screen over the intake wasn't tight. I found 5 sparrows in the burner box, off to one side. Totally dried but not burnt. Poor little fuckers.
** good way to fuck with someone - stick a dead bird/squirrel in the intake.

Turned out to be ice blockage in the intake .

Working at a Musk job is well known to have basically no work-life balance.
Depends on your definition of each?
Musk has told people to not take vacations, there are allegations of human resources disasters, other things that wouldn't fly elsewhere.

I had no idea. Is it really worse than other similar jobs and makes news because it Musk and Tesla? They have a target on their backs after all.

I remember several instances at the frozen food plant when we worked 13 days between days off, and that was 10 hour mandatory shifts. There was a lot less awareness of a “work/life” balance back then. I guess times haven’t changed that much.

I had no idea. Is it really worse than other similar jobs and makes news because it Musk and Tesla? They have a target on their backs after all.

I remember several instances at the frozen food plant when we worked 13 days between days off, and that was 10 hour mandatory shifts. There was a lot less awareness of a “work/life” balance back then. I guess times haven’t changed that much.
I think a lot of us back in the day thought it was GREAT to have OT and more OT. It always ended and you needed to make it while you could. Cheaper to pay OT than hire another employee in most cases. It also makes it hard for you to seek another job. ;)
I was looking at Tesla' work injury history - seems pretty sucky. 30 percent higher injury rate than at other car manufacturers.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I think a lot of us back in the day thought it was GREAT to have OT and more OT. It always ended and you needed to make it while you could. Cheaper to pay OT than hire another employee in most cases. It also makes it hard for you to seek another job. ;)
I was looking at Tesla' work injury history - seems pretty sucky. 30 percent higher injury rate than at other car manufacturers.
As an old manager, it was great to be in charge of the schedule & GIVE OT. Just the opportunity to get OT was valuable to the employees, so they worked hard their first 40hrs competing for it. We usually didn't a need for more than an occasional employee to work 45-50 hrs, but getting OT was a sense of pride for them. It's an amazing, simple benefit.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes

I wonder why? Inability to keep up with demand causing carelessness? Bad factory design? Snowflakes?

I’m gonna sound like an asshole here.

Kids these days are pussies when it comes to what is or isn’t an injury. I know a lot of your first reactions will be to jump in that, but think on it for a second first.

As an old manager, it was great to be in charge of the schedule & GIVE OT. Just the opportunity to get OT was valuable to the employees, so they worked hard their first 40hrs competing for it. We usually didn't a need for more than an occasional employee to work 45-50 hrs, but getting OT was a sense of pride for them. It's an amazing, simple benefit.
In tool & die the standard work week was 5/10s plus 5 on Saturday. But I got trapped into doing 6/10s and sometimes 7/10s when they found I excelled at a particular job (cam grinding for automated machines). The money is nice but I wouldn't call it a "benefit to the employee" - it's mainly a benefit to the employer. Because it was STILL cheaper to work me 6/10s for 20 hrs. of OT than to hire another employee. IT wasn't about "me", it was about "them".

For me, it was always cheaper to hire another employee & work the existing employee harder doing his job AND train the other employee, then give the existing guys OT to the new guy at the under 40 rate.

There was no competition to do a great job for extra cash if I did it that way (the other mgrs did). When I was there, during my shifts absences were near zero*, productivity was up, employees were happy. There was never any flack (both ways) with scheduling if they needed a day off for something. The other managers & owner were pissed because I wasn't 'following the rules.' :lol:

*the best part about 'absences near zero' was that if someone did call in, they were calling in to tell me who they already got to replace their shift. It was great.

Kids these days are pussies when it comes to what is or isn’t an injury. I know a lot of your first reactions will be to jump in that, but think on it for a second first.
Great reduction in physical activities that would cause temporary pain, everyone is a winner, all feelings deserve to be acknowledged - no matter how fucked up. :fly:
Just read an article about that. They said that college age young people today have a lower tolerance for pain, both psychological and physical than past generations. And of course we have the "loneliness epidemic", which the internet is actually making worse for some people.
https://consumer.healthday.com/seni...-10/with-age-comes-pain-tolerance-523592.html
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...t-you-need-know-about-the-loneliness-epidemic

Not to immediately turn this around, but...
Old people way back when were stupid when it came to injuries and never went to doctors or invested in any kind of self care, even when they knew they were injured.

The amount of stories I have from people above 50 that didn't go to the doc and now cant use some body part due to it being so fucked up or just removed baffles me.

Also, Tesla is kind of famous for not following the best practices in assembly line layout and design. I wouldn't be surprised if there were injuries due to that.

were you getting paid for those extra 2 hours a day that was "Standard" ?
Me - yes, the 2 hours were OT. Saturday was double pay. Sunday triple.

For me, it was always cheaper to hire another employee & work the existing employee harder doing his job AND train the other employee, then give the existing guys OT to the new guy at the under 40 rate.
That is only viable in relatively low skill set jobs. I didn't get the massive OT requests until after I got my journeyman's card. They couldn't just "train a new guy". Sorry, that is fucking laughable.

Cheaper? I'm guessing there was some disconnect between you and the person who did the books. A new employee needs benefits and worker's compensation insurance. And a workspace - which could be 100s of thousands of dollars for one person. That would have cost 100+ of my OT hours, per month, to pay. Plus, part of giving me(and other advanced workers) the OT was so I wouldn't have time to look for another job - you keep good workers, you don't piss them off by fucking with their usual cash flow.

Not to immediately turn this around, but...
Old people way back when were stupid when it came to injuries and never went to doctors or invested in any kind of self care, even when they knew they were injured.
We're talking people who are now 55+ vs. 20 somethings. Not the stone age. I'm 59 and I've had Blue Cross almost continuously since I was 19. But you figure people didn't go for treatment because they were stupid. Wow, you really are an ass - and a major fucking whiner. I feel a lot better about dicking with you yesterday.:tard:

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Cheaper? I'm guessing there was some disconnect between you and the person who did the books. A new employee needs benefits and worker's compensation insurance.

productivity was up, employees were happy.

Productivity= the person who did the books would tell the owners "he's making you more money."

The owners would tell me [& I hated their stupid little colloquialisms] "You're paying them one and a half times for their least productive work." ie: after 40hrs the employees must be too pooped to give their actual best. I'd just ask them to look what the #s show.

Status
Not open for further replies.