GAY Combo Breaker Spam Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if he’s not hiring the best people, that IS a mistake. I’m pretty sure a lot of what you mentioned is typical of all type-A business leaders, past and present. Edison was no saint.

Sucks about his parents.
I think he meant to type "patents" ;) - you probably got that ;) Edison was good at propelling things forward and WAS a very smart dude. He was often hired as a consultant on power generation stations other people were building. The lightbulb - that may have been a steal.

Edison electrocuted elephants to make Tesla look like a big meanie.
The elephant was going to be killed either way - it had killed 3 handlers. :/ We choose the wrong electrical system either way.

Thanks for correcting me on that parents thing. I never would’ve caught that.
Heh
Admittedly, at least on my part, it was stupid to even mention it. I can't vouch for nukes' intention :) Sorry immi.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
The elephant was going to be killed either way - it had killed 3 handlers. :/ We choose the wrong electrical system either way.

Admittedly, at least on my part, it was stupid to even mention it. I can't vouch for nukes' intention :) Sorry immi.

I had a handler killed in Da Nang in '68.
We lost a lot of good men that day.

Rough ride is poor quality. We've been able to give a smooth ride in tunnels for hundreds of years. When you cant, and you start proposing new projects without taking the time to figure out what you did wrong, it's time to be concerned.
Are you sure you read the whole article? It was a POC, and the Tesla was riding on rails. There were no issues with the quality of the tunnel.

#EndMuskH8

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
I'll gladly take a shit all over Edison as it is well documented that he stole most of his parents and drove his competitors into the ground.

The problem I have with Musk is this cult of hero-worship that has grown up around him with no justification. In public he is a narcissistic twat most of the time, and professionally he promises the moon on every single thing and Space-X is the only thing that he's actually delivered on since he started making tangible products.

Any competent civil engineer, fresh out of school, could tell you the steps on how to get a smooth ride out of a tunnel. It would take someone with more experience to actually get it done, but someone with a sheepskin still dripping could tell you what should be done. A) he didn't hire someone competent B) he didn't listen to them in order to open the tunnel on time.
Both are unacceptable choices for any infrastructure.

Fuck Musk.
I'd consider the tunnel to be a prototype, it's gonna have a few hairs. Does making the ride smooth involve tearing down the whole tunnel, or just a bit of finishing work? And is the smooth ride really the best way to evaluate said tunnel? How about what it cost to build the thing, etc?

Musk (as a person) is an unstable dick and he's probably wasting a pile of investors' money but honestly I'm happy with what he's accomplished, especially for electric cars.

Are you sure you read the whole article? It was a POC, and the Tesla was riding on rails. There were no issues with the quality of the tunnel.

#EndMuskH8
It was not a proof of concept because the concept was basically a subway that you could put your car on and have it after the ride is over, the reality was "buy $300+ worth of weird accessories that we have no clue how they will affect anything on the car, including safety, then go for a bumpy ride at slightly above average driving speeds and lose any advantage you may have gained by our weird elevator's restrictions." It was a proof that the boring machine could bore a tunnel, but that isnt really necessary. The concept was a revolution in how subways are designed, the reality was an embarrassment for how big a name Musk is.
There were no rails, the Tesla was riding on some sort of cast concrete floor that was not poured level, then they added a better version of bowling lane cheaters to keep it from hitting the wall.

In addition to that, he preyed upon a poor neighborhood, sidestepped any sort of environmental regs and impact studies, and generally behaved like a stereotypical developer in a bad movie starring some British guy as the developer and whoever in Hollywood is replacing Julia Roberts as the plucky-down-to-earth-housewife-who-has-nothing-to-lose-but-loves-her-neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.