College Football Week 12

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
#7 Ohio State (10-1) @ # 21 Michigan (8-3)​

It's time for the greatest rivalry in all sports across America. Win and you're in for the Rose Bowl. Lose and you're going to a nothing bowl game.

It's Ohio State:
25473c40ed498da.jpg

against that team up north
25473c40ed4bc00.jpg

Bo and Woody will be looking down smiling at this game.
25473c40ed4df27.jpg

Why Michigan will win this game.
It's all in the numbers.
0-3, 1495, 2

Chad Henne, Jake Long, and Mike Hart are currently 0-3 against the Buckeyes. There sole point of returning this year was to beat Ohio State. Come Saturday, it will be 1,495 days since the Wolverines last beat the Buckeyes. It is expected that 2 days after the game, Lloyd Carr will announce his resignation as the Head Coach for the Michigan Wolverines. There really isn't much more motivation than those three items needed to try to spark the entire team to win this game.

Why Ohio State will win this game.
Never satisfied, 4-0, Hart

Never satisfied has been the motto for Ohio State all throughout the season. No class in Ohio State history has ever gone 4-0 against that school up north since 1963. Mike Hart said last year, "I guarantee if we play them again, it would be a whole different game." That's really all the motivation they need.

STATS DO NOT MATTER IN THIS GAME. ONE COULD BE 0-11 GOING TO THIS GAME AND STILL WIN. IT'S ALL ABOUT HOW MUCH HEART YOU HAVE

Oh yeah other things happening this week:
West Virginia hopes to not be spoiled by Cincinatti
Georgia wants to maintain a chance to play for the SEC title by beating Kentucky
Clemson will come in to show just how overrated BC was.
Vanderbilt hopes to spoil Tennessee in order to help the SEC become the 2nd conference this season to have all but one team bowl eligible.

t was reported that Michigan head football coach Lloyd Carr will only be dressing twenty players for the Ohio State game. The rest of the players will have to get dressed by themselves.

Q: How do you get a Michigan grad off of your front porch?
A: Pay him for the pizza.

Q: What’s the only sign of intelligent life in Ann Arbor?
A: Columbus: 187 Miles

Last year hype videos:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQisGiMHl-Y"]YouTube - 2006 Michigan vs. Ohio State intro[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPdkhW6JbkE"]YouTube - Michigan vs. Ohio State PROMO[/ame]

There really aren't any other games to talk about. This is THE most storied rivalry in college football.

I really hope we win. Henne, and especially Hart, deserve to get a W in this game more than anyone else. I just hope our defense is up to the challenge, because they haven't been all year. :omy:

If we end up going to BW3s to watch the game, I'll be sure to tip my OSU grad server well either way...

And in case you don't think Michigan still values this rivalry:

So you wonder, this week, if the colors scarlet and gray have come up in those more private conversations. Because for all he (Mike Hart) has done -- the all-time rushing record, leading the Big Ten as a freshman, countless honors and awards -- there is one thing he hasn't experienced: smiling after an Ohio State game.

"It's irritating, I can't lie," he says. "It's real irritating, especially with the way the game went last year and the year before. ... It's hard."

Can you put it into words?

He doesn't blink.

"I'd rather lose to Appalachian State than lose to Ohio State."

I really want M to win, not only will I get laid.. but it will shut Coqui up for a year.

What makes you think I'll shut up? No matter what both teams are still going to a bowl game. Fly hasn't insulted OSU much, so I have no need to gloat if we win on Saturday. Oh and with Oregon losing last night, the cards are starting to fall for another chance (albeit slight) to actually play in the NC game again.

Ok......Ann Arbor has officially given the game to Ohio State. they are instituting a Maize out for the game.

Purdue's Black Out, Penn State's White Out, and now Michigan's Maize Out. Hopefully will yield the same result as the other two.