College Football Week 10

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
This time I'm posting the games in order of what I perceive is importance.

#4 Arizona State (8-0) @ #5 Oregon (7-1)
Both teams are not only clamoring for the Pac10 title, but the winner of this game is still in the hunt for the BCS Title. With Kentucky's loss to Miss. St. This completly destroyed LSU's quality loss in that effect. (as evident by their BCS score) Whoever wins this gain could conceivably jump LSU in the rankings.

Rudy Carpenter comes off an injury and seems to be nearing 100%. He will be tested as his O-Line has given up quite a few sacks each game.

Dennis Dixon will need to show poise as ASU leads the conference in interceptions. However, ASU will also need to make sure that Dixon doesn't take off with the ball.

Both teams come with capable runners and decent defenses but ASU has the edge in defense.

Will this be a shootout or a defensive stand?

#3 LSU (7-1) @ #17 Alabama (6-2)
These two teams will be duking it out for the SEC West title. and be the frontrunner for contention in the SEC title game. Les Miles hopes to exact revenge on Nick Saban for his school as the "traitor" now coaches for their rival. Saban wants nothing to do with appeasing the rabid LSU fans. Since the loss to Kentucky, LSU has been reeling and Alabama hopes to take advantage of it.

In the battle of the two SEC powerhouses (one historic, the other fresh), Matt Flynn will be going solo as his backup, Ryan Perriloux, is out for the game due to a suspension. John Parker Wilson will be trying to take down a very aggressive defense.

Jacob Hester leads the stable of LSU rushers but you musn't neglect the speedy Trendon Holliday. Alabama brings it's own horsed being led by Terry Grant.

#21 Wisconsin (7-2) @ #1 Ohio State (9-0)
Wisconsin hobbles into Columbus to take on the Buckeyes on their home field. Given the media that has hit everywhere regarding last weeks appreciation, expect a raucous crowd at the'Shoe. The Sweatervest takes on what seems to have been his kryptonite in the past few years.

The entire game may be on Tyler Donovan's shoulders as the status of their star running back is uncertain. He will be facing the #1 scoring and #1 passing defense in the country. However, he's a mobile QB and can run at will too. Todd Boeckman comes out tried and true after a huge road test win where his poise never flinched in front of the angry mob.

P.J. Hill may or may not be out with a deep leg bruise that has affected his practivce this week. Unfortunately for Wisconsin, their #2 back is not allowed to leave the state due to assault charges. If Hill is unable to play, Zach Brown will have to man the helm. After being shut down last week due to multiple coverages, you can bet James Laurinaitis will be chomping at the bit to take down some rushers. Chris "Beanie" Wells seems to have forgotten that his ankle is injured and continues to put up career numbers. You can bet he's drooling to be unleashed on the #8 rushing defense in the conference.

#12 Michigan (7-2) @ Michigan State (5-4)
Michigan travels to east Lansing for the annual state rivalry game. Carr's seeking out the Big10 Title. Dantonio, in part, has Carr's number in being the master of the defense responsible for 2 of the 5 losses against Ohio State.

As it stands right now Chad Henne is healthy enough to play against MSU. Although if he can't, Ryan Mallett has proven himself to be a capable playcaller on the field. Brian Hoyer has posted some big yards in the air, but has little to show for it score wise due to MSU's dependance on the running game.

After a setback in Columbus, the Spartans again have resumed the helm in offensive firepower leading the conference. Javon Ringer leads the rushing attack against a very hungry Wolverine Defense. However that same defense has shown some holes in it. Mike Hart is scheduled to play and looks to further his Heisman candidacy against a defense that has yet to prove itself there.

Other Games of Interest:
#24 Wake Forest @ #23 Virginia (Winner of this game keeps up in the lead for the ACC Title game)
Florida St. @ #2 Boston College (BC has shown themselves as the #2 team in the country for all of 2 minutes and 11 seconds. We'll see if they're the real deal)
Oregon St. @ #19 USC (Winner jumps to 4th place in the Pac10)

Go Michigan, Go Wisconsin.

Sadly, I seriously doubt Wisconsin has the nads to beat OSU.

I think the huge X-factor is is Hill can play or not. If he can't it, it will be a slaughter. If he can, well then there might be a game at hand.

I'm also curious to see how Ringer can handle UM's defense.

Hey Fly. I think I'll head up there.
I need to look up directions to get there.
It's still north till you smell it then west till you step in it right?

Cleveland? Yes.

Hmmmmmmmm

arseniohall.gif

Yeah, how about you? Nice come from behind win.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, NOTRE DAME LOST!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

We never were in danger. :D

If ND loses to Air Force next week, it will be the first time in 100 years (I think they said that long) since they lost to two service academies.