cold

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
instead of 10 threads with cold issues in them.. let's consolidate.

odds and ends:

--local power outages due to everyone blasting heat.
--several schools that lost heat.. guess they usually inch it up a little at a time and the fact that we dropped like 30 degrees overnight didn't allow them to do that.
--people claim to have seen snow locally. (pfft)
--i've no heat. we huddle in the back bedroom and turn on a few space heaters. we had tried to sell the house instead of putting new heat in and couldn't sell.. so here we sit, and freeze.
--we've been anywhere from 5 to THIRTY degrees below avg locally.
--many have said it's due to el nino, that we would be spared severe hurricanes but that we'd have a terrible winter, they were right.

we're setting all kinds of records here in the bay.

Well, I'm glad we didn't move to Florida then. I'm quite enjoying the nice beautiful 70 degree days we are having.

I still say I saw flurries. Rain doesn't float.

I am also tired of being cold all the time. Its cold at work its cold at home. I'm tired of being cold.

it's 60 fucking degrees down there, that's a perfectly normal florida winter. I used to go to school with nothing warmer than a long sleeve shirt in january and I was closer to the coast than you are :fly:

A lot of the weather guys are coping out and saying sleet.

Ocala got snow, honest to goodness kids out in the grass making snow angels snow.

Not much, not even 1/8th of an inch, but for the briefest of moments, snow sat on the ground in central florida.