Cold Case Arrest

Sarcasmo said:
True. It all comes down to the jury though. Grand or trial. Whether they do or don't buy it is the key. I'm not just stating the obvious, my point is that OJ still walked when everything pointed to him. You just never know until that pesky verdict comes in.
I often wonder about that tho. Everything in the media pointed to him, but I have to wonder what it all looked like to a juror who had no access to media reports...

Sarcasmo said:
If the parents really weren't involved I think a lot of people will be absolutely numb with shock. The odds of someone breaking into a family's house, murdering one of their children and then leaving both the body AND a false ransom note at the scene of the crime just defy calculation. If it seems too bizarre to be true then it probably is.

Dollars to doughnuts the conspiracy theorists will find a way to get them involved, similar to how some people say the Enron guy isn't dead, Bush had that woman trying to start case against him killed, oil companies are raiseing prices on purpose etc. They'll probably say some stuff like he got to Thailand because her parents paid for it or some garbage like that.

Ryokurin said:
Dollars to doughnuts the conspiracy theorists will find a way to get them involved, similar to how some people say the Enron guy isn't dead, Bush had that woman trying to start case against him killed, oil companies are raiseing prices on purpose etc. They'll probably say some stuff like he got to Thailand because her parents paid for it or some garbage like that.
What an odd twist of fate the Enron dude dies AFTER being guilty, but before sentencing, thereby clearing him and his family...

fly said:
What an odd twist of fate the Enron dude dies AFTER being guilty, but before sentencing, thereby clearing him and his family...
Uh... Family? It didnt clear him, the conviction stands, it just means he died before punishment.

Patsy Ramsey died? :wtf:

I was in Colorado visiting a friend living in Colorado Springs when this all went down. Was weird seeing it on the local news.

HydroSqueegee said:
For the husband thats got to smart. First your daughter is murdered, then your wife dies of cancer. Some divine intervention stuff going on there.

.... you're nuts.

FlamingGloryHole said:
Uh... Family? It didnt clear him, the conviction stands, it just means he died before punishment.
it cannot be enforced now though, according to the news. I await you flipping through the law book on your desk...

HydroSqueegee said:
For the husband thats got to smart. First your daughter is murdered, then your wife dies of cancer. Some divine intervention stuff going on there.
Then you hear the theoretical murderer of your daughter on TV saying how he loved JonBenet, knowing damn well that he LOVED her hard before killing her.

HydroSqueegee said:

God hates Colorado.