Cold Case Arrest

Dharma1521

Soooo do I look as young as I look?
Apr 5, 2006
Falls Church, VA
Marklar
₥2,197
An arrest was just made in the Jon Bennet case, don't you think its odd how many old cases have been solved recently? Jon Bennet for one, BTK killer, Deep Throat . . .

Lance Bass . . . .

Don't you find it odd?

If the parents really weren't involved I think a lot of people will be absolutely numb with shock. The odds of someone breaking into a family's house, murdering one of their children and then leaving both the body AND a false ransom note at the scene of the crime just defy calculation. If it seems too bizarre to be true then it probably is.

More importantly:

10 years and a million mistakes later the only way ANYONE will be convicted is through a complete comfession.

FlamingGloryHole said:
More importantly:

10 years and a million mistakes later the only way ANYONE will be convicted is through a complete comfession.
Well thats what happens when you try to railroad someone into a crime...

FlamingGloryHole said:
More importantly:

Or if the "foreign" DNA found on Jon Benet's underwear matches this person of interest.

Sarcasmo said:
Or if the "foreign" DNA found on Jon Benet's underwear matches this person of interest.
With the Denver PD I'd be concerned with the validity of their testing, the evidence is also 10 YEARS OLD, rare is a case decided on physical evidence anyway. Not to mention that whomever this person may be they're going to have an incredibly good alternate suspect defense.

FlamingGloryHole said:
With the Denver PD I'd be concerned with the validity of their testing, the evidence is also 10 YEARS OLD, rare is a case decided on physical evidence anyway. Not to mention that whomever this person may be they're going to have an incredibly good alternate suspect defense.

I think the prosecution should try to link it to the Kalpoe Brothers.

"Sources tell CBS News that he is a 41-year-old American and second-grade schoolteacher and that he will be brought back to the United States this weekend."

"KUSA reported that a man they call a suspect was arrested Wednesday morning and has confessed to certain elements of the crime that are unknown to the general public."

Interesting.

FlamingGloryHole said:
What about all the physical evidence that has freed people? And/or exonorated them from the start? Physical evidence seems like the most important part. Its eyewitness testimony that is fucking useless and shouldn't even be allowed.

fly said:
What about all the physical evidence that has freed people? And/or exonorated them from the start? Physical evidence seems like the most important part. Its eyewitness testimony that is fucking useless and shouldn't even be allowed.

True. It all comes down to the jury though. Grand or trial. Whether they do or don't buy it is the key. I'm not just stating the obvious, my point is that OJ still walked when everything pointed to him. You just never know until that pesky verdict comes in.

Sarcasmo said:
True. It all comes down to the jury though. Grand or trial. Whether they do or don't buy it is the key. I'm not just stating the obvious, my point is that OJ still walked when everything pointed to him. You just never know until that pesky verdict comes in.
Aye, and I seem to remember that the "foreign" DNA they found was literally thought to be "foreign"; workers in China spittting on their fingers while they packaged clothing.

@Fly:

DNA has freed people, if you go and read the blow by blow judicial opinions though it is normally DNA + other circumstances, like a weak case to begin with. You pick any random murder case: 90% of the time the convictions are based upon eye witness accounts, victim accounts, and circumstantial evidence (like timelines) or confessions. Even though jurors are usually also the stupidest fucking people on the planet, it wont be hard to convince them that hey the Denver PD has been fucking up this case for a decade, they've attempted to railroad people, and now her mother dies and a new DA gets elected then suddenly there is a suspect.

I'm not making predictions but the chances of this turning out to be another complete fuckup are looking very good.