Colbert is really f'n doing it

I wish it was...:( we get the two hour Razor movie but that's it until next April....if the WGA doesn't strike :omy:

and scifi still hasn't decided whether or not to split season 4 in half and show the second half in 2009 :rolleyes:

What?!? That's messed up. Wasn't it originally set to start back up this month?

I hope you don't really think that any action or position can prepare you for the office of the President. There is no preparation for that. Are you maybe just referring to a track record?

Being a governor or serving a term in Congress gives you far greater preparation than hosting a fake punditry show on cable. Of course there's nothing that can truly prepare one for the office of President but some experience in representing constituents is better than absolutely zero.

Although the track record bit does help.

What?!? That's messed up. Wasn't it originally set to start back up this month?

no, Razor was always planned for this month but we all thought the regular season 4 would start in January or at least in early 2008

but April it is :( again, assuming the WGA doesn't strike. if they do then BSG and every other television show out there with the exception of reality shows simply stops after the mid-season hiatus

Being a governor or serving a term in Congress gives you far greater preparation than hosting a fake punditry show on cable. Of course there's nothing that can truly prepare one for the office of President but some experience in representing constituents is better than absolutely zero.

Although the track record bit does help.

I can understand how being a governator or in Congress can give you the warm fuzzies, but it has nothing to do with being a good leader. To me, a good leader simply surrounds themselves with intelligent people and is mostly just a logic gate for ideas. No one person can run this country.

Additionally, Washington suffers from a serious issue of group think. I think and would LOVE an outsider's point of view on the situation. Being that he's made it in Hollywood, he's also likely a smart and persistent guy. Smart? SOUNDS GREAT!

Finally, our political system IS a fucking joke. Just sit back, RELAX, and laugh, as we have the freedom and ability to do so.

I can understand how being a governator or in Congress can give you the warm fuzzies, but it has nothing to do with being a good leader. To me, a good leader simply surrounds themselves with intelligent people and is mostly just a logic gate for ideas. No one person can run this country.

Additionally, Washington suffers from a serious issue of group think. I think and would LOVE an outsider's point of view on the situation. Being that he's made it in Hollywood, he's also likely a smart and persistent guy. Smart? SOUNDS GREAT!

Finally, our political system IS a fucking joke. Just sit back, RELAX, and laugh, as we have the freedom and ability to do so.

Again, being president is more than just being "a good leader". Being a governor or serving a Congressional term gives one experience in representing constituents, not leading them. It's not about the job the guy does on the homefront, it's about the job he does on the international stage. Understanding how to represent people in such a manner is something only experience in a political office can teach you. It's also the only thing can teach you what it's like to make hard decisions that affect the lives of everyone you represent.

Also, making it in Hollywood does not mean one is smart. At all.

Yes, our political system is a joke. So why people are praising someone for making it an even bigger joke and teaching so many of our generation that it shouldn't be taken seriously is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
5472a6cdf3c261.jpg