Coke Theory 101: Seeing the Light Through Drugs

wr3kt said:
So...how is your daughter?

She has nothing whatsoever to do with the duct tape :lol:

She's just fine, although last night I told her she was being a witch, and she admitted it. Guess it's a hereditary tendency or something like that...

ChikkenNoodul said:
Inline images are disabled in the PG.

And a certain other forum has proven that letting everyone in then 'banning the bad ones' doesn't work so well.

I think being optimistic, one a day wouldn't be too hard to deal with. We're not talking complete anarchy with 18,000 people tubgirling the place.

NeedMoreEmo said:
I think being optimistic, one a day wouldn't be too hard to deal with. We're not talking complete anarchy with 18,000 people tubgirling the place.

:drool: Nothing wrong with that. :shifty:

NeedMoreEmo said:
As its set up right now, the PG does a couple of things
1. Filters morons
2. Filters dupe accounts
3. Forces people to introduce themselves so we can get to know them
4. Force people to show they can carry a conversation

Your method
1. Lets more people in so you aren't bored.

Yeah, I'm thinking we're gonna stick with the current system.

Going through the roster of who's in PG right now, 90% of them haven't posted 1 single thing since they got here. If they don't care enough to post, I don't care enough to have them.

theacoustician said:
As its set up right now, the PG does a couple of things
1. Filters morons
2. Filters dupe accounts
3. Forces peole to introduce themselves so we can get to know them
4. Force people to show they can carry a conversation

Your method
1. Lets more people in so you aren't bored.

Yeah, I'm thinking we're gonna stick with the current system.

Going through the roster of who's in PG right now, 90% of them haven't posted 1 single thing since they got here. If they don't care enough to post, I don't care enough to have them.

Quit being so hostile and dismissive, you wanted input. I can deffinately see why we have PG but its not "so im not bored", I think its generally agreed that this place is pretty slow, I dont think filtering a lot of people out will help this place pick up. Understand?

NeedMoreEmo said:
Quit being so hostile and dismissive, you wanted input. I can deffinately see why we have PG but its not "so im not bored", I think its generally agreed that this place is pretty slow, I dont think filtering a lot of people out will help this place pick up. Understand?
I'm not being hostile. I've pointed out the reason for having the system the way it is and also demonstrated that it doesn't really seem to have much of an effect on posting habits. If people want to post here, they post even if they're in PG. Opening the floodgates serves no purpose other than to swell the number of registrants. We're not here for quantity, we're here for quality.