Food Cocktease ideas for New Years

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
Because all of you ladies and gents did such a great job on NME's thread with gin and cocktails used with such libations, I had a question: What would be a good cocktail for New Years Celebrations?

Chim and I will be with my side of the family on New Years and I thought it would be interesting to make some nice cocktails to celebrate and bring in the new year. Any type of beverage is applicable, including unusual ingredients such as Pernod, etc.

What type of cocktail rings in the New Year the best? The Gin Ricky? An Old Fashioned? A neat single malt?

9aaf5f08-ac7c-4209-aaf9-18b32ec808d0.gif

Why not just bring a butt load of different liquors so you can make any type of cocktail people want.

Beer. Preferably something not made in Texas.

You haven't tried the latest brewery to open up in Texas, Karbach. Started by the head brew master from Flying Dog, they are coming up with some epic stuff. And St Arnold's Xmas ale is shockingly good.

Beer. Preferably something not made in Texas.

But since we are an hour to the border from beer nirvana for Xmas (Wisc.) beer will be guaranteed. This is why we are flying SW, for the packed bags of beer to bring back.