CO2 "The Truth" and an Ice age

Where I live is beautiful and all, it's not smoggy and there is lovely sunshine, I'm not a huge fan of the sun anyway, weather is weather. I just mean the world in general is a shithole, full of evil assholes with no conscience, beating up old people, raping women and exploiting the poor. That's the problem, and it's unsolveable. So fuck it.

It's half bad and half good. Always has been and always will be. It's nature to always have a positive to a negative. You worry too much or just see the bad in things too much. :p

Where I live is beautiful and all, it's not smoggy and there is lovely sunshine, I'm not a huge fan of the sun anyway, weather is weather. I just mean the world in general is a shithole, full of evil assholes with no conscience, beating up old people, raping women and exploiting the poor. That's the problem, and it's unsolveable. So fuck it.

There's a pill for that.

You're a fucking idiot.

That ^^ comment made way more sense than any thread you've ever started.

:confused:

Cap and trade is just a way to make old rich people think they are helping the environment. Until there are checks and balances on the companies taking in the money there is no reason to think it's doing anything but making a few scammy entrepreneurs rich.

Last edited:
We still don't have precise data about weather before 100 years ago. And snowball earth just about as likely as venus-earth.

That was my point.

It's gonna freeze. It's gonna burn. Blah blah blah.

I think the environmentalism thing has gotten out of hand. Having said that, I want to make it clear that I think we need to take better care of our planet. There's evidence all around us that we don't. Here in Maryland we've destroyed the Chesapeake bay. Once abundant fish and other seafood are now rare, and if you swim in the water your skin turns bright orange. That's not normal.

The thing is, why is it hurting anybody to care a little more about what they consume and what they throw away? I do wonder if global warming is a problem, but I really don't know. Neither does anyone else. I worry about how my neighborhood looks, whether I'm going to get cancer again from simply breathing, and what problems my grandchildren will face. As a society, we are really wasteful. Caring about having clean air, food, and clean water doesn't make me a fundy nutjob.

There's really no point in either side of this issue attacking the other. What harm does it do to try and do better?

I'm all for retasking Homeland securities budget that they waste doing the dirty working for the RIAA and give it to environmental clean up organizations.

How about we get fucking Exxon that still shows huge profits to pay up for a few of their oil spills?

I think the environmentalism thing has gotten out of hand. Having said that, I want to make it clear that I think we need to take better care of our planet. There's evidence all around us that we don't. Here in Maryland we've destroyed the Chesapeake bay. Once abundant fish and other seafood are now rare, and if you swim in the water your skin turns bright orange. That's not normal.

The thing is, why is it hurting anybody to care a little more about what they consume and what they throw away? I do wonder if global warming is a problem, but I really don't know. Neither does anyone else. I worry about how my neighborhood looks, whether I'm going to get cancer again from simply breathing, and what problems my grandchildren will face. As a society, we are really wasteful. Caring about having clean air, food, and clean water doesn't make me a fundy nutjob.

There's really no point in either side of this issue attacking the other. What harm does it do to try and do better?

I'm with you EB, and this is something you and I talked about when you were here :heart: and yes the enviro craze is way out of hand, take the "new" light bulbs, that have less life, not to mention they are full of toxic chemicals that require you to vacate the room if you break them and call hazmat-but hey we're saving enery aren't we :rolleyes::tard:

There is a definite foulness on the wind lately, especially on hot days. It is a foulness I haven't smelt since...

I'm with you EB, and this is something you and I talked about when you were here :heart: and yes the enviro craze is way out of hand, take the "new" light bulbs, that have less life, not to mention they are full of toxic chemicals that require you to vacate the room if you break them and call hazmat-but hey we're saving enery aren't we :rolleyes::tard:

Can you explain the "less life" part? Specifically, can you post a link to a crazy right-wing site that has some statistics on it?