FYI Co-pilot intentionally crashed plane into mountain!

I am going to respond to you solely with facts, as all these are public info anyway

1) My pay is $88000 dollars
2) My takehome after healthcare, retirement, and taxes/socialsecurity/etc is $48,900
3) My healthcare is a blue/cross blue/shield standard plan, i pay $64 dollars a pay period for it, my employer pays $190
4) Vision and dental are not included, i buy those out of pocket @ roughly $20 a pay period
5) I get 156 hours of PTO a year
6) I get 104 hours of sick leave a year
7) I get 10 federal holidays a year
8) My employer will match up to 5% of my contribution to my 401k

Thats it man, its good, im content with it, but its not different from private sector. I could go out into the business world tomorrow, and instantly double my salary. Im somewhere in the mid-upper ranks of the government pay grades. most people are much worse off than me, taking home somewhere near 30k a year. Some are higher. But the highest anyone can be is 146k a year pre-tax.

The salary is nice, but not cush compared to private sector. The vacations are good, i fully admit that. The pension is a 401k that i contribute to like anyone else in the world with some small matching.

As for government usage of funds? Its completely fucked. There is so much waste, and zero effort to save. Bureaucracy actually prohibits you from trying to save money, and punishes you if you do. There is enormous overhead, and anyone that the government does business with knows they can rake them over the coals, and charge triple, and get away with it by playing the right cards that line up with the regulations the bureaucracy imposes.

I think anyone you ask thats not a politician making up a bullshit answer who works for the government would agree.

So you potentially get 42.5 days off a year out of the 260 business days, not bad. Not much different otherwise, from private though.

So you potentially get 42.5 days off a year out of the 260 business days, not bad. Not much different otherwise, from private though.
yep, as i said, vacation is pretty solid. The sick really is for being sick though. ITs not that rolled in stuff that you can use for any reason. I have some ridiculous amount of sick on the books because i rarely use it.

Interesting. I just looked and my step-sister makes $131k. How the fuck is she almost maxed out at ~41 years old. That's gotta suck.

edit: Or is that amount just for your area of operations?
there is locality factors, but its not hugely difference. And i wouldnt be surprised if she is almost capped out. Im 30, and im only 2 steps away from being capped. the grades go from 0-15 and ive only got 14 and 15 left.

@APRIL and @Mr. Asa could make bank if they decided to open a woman owned veteran small business, and the pot only would get sweeter if they could get someone to diagnose fly with a mental disability so it could be a woman owned disabled veteran business.

Only place you wouldnt win is because you're all white as the driven snow, so no minority status for you.

there is locality factors, but its not hugely difference. And i wouldnt be surprised if she is almost capped out. Im 30, and im only 2 steps away from being capped. the grades go from 0-15 and ive only got 14 and 15 left.
Locality meaning where you live or department?

His step sister lives near you, drives into DC, etc.

She works in DC for the USDA as a GS-14. That's crazy. What the hell are you going to do when you max out? After that, you're pretty much losing money every year, right?

i take that back, the locality has increased here.

The current max is 157,100 for this region. The rest of the country minus california is still around 130-140

@APRIL and @Mr. Asa could make bank if they decided to open a woman owned veteran small business, and the pot only would get sweeter if they could get someone to diagnose fly with a mental disability so it could be a woman owned disabled veteran business.

Only place you wouldnt win is because you're all white as the driven snow, so no minority status for you.
brb, buying www.crackersforjesus.com A church that employees mentally retarded verterans.

She works in DC for the USDA as a GS-14. That's crazy. What the hell are you going to do when you max out? After that, you're pretty much losing money every year, right?
Ya, I'd say it's time to move on.

you're flatlined, not losing anything, probably barely keeping up with inflation through small adjustments to the overall scale.

BTW, today I also learned that over 1 in 50 people work for the government. That can't be sustainable. What was Greece at before their fall?

Thank you. This is what I was getting at.
As for government usage of funds? Its completely fucked. There is so much waste, and zero effort to save. Bureaucracy actually prohibits you from trying to save money, and punishes you if you do. There is enormous overhead, and anyone that the government does business with knows they can rake them over the coals, and charge triple, and get away with it by playing the right cards that line up with the regulations the bureaucracy imposes.

I think anyone you ask thats not a politician making up a bullshit answer who works for the government would agree.

It's the 'we've alocated $1,000,000 to do a study on how coca cola effects ants.' type of crap that to me is like - Why isn't THAT being spent on healthcare instead? But the reason it's not being spent on healthcare is because the gov't doesn't have to 'earn' the $, just convince a few people that someone else should pay for that along with their healthcare.

Thank you. This is what I was getting at.

It's the 'we've alocated $1,000,000 to do a study on how coca cola effects ants.' type of crap that to me is like - Why isn't THAT being spent on healthcare instead? But the reason it's not being spent on healthcare is because the gov't doesn't have to 'earn' the $, just convince a few people that someone else should pay for that along with their healthcare.

Because your state has a center for studying ants. And you voted to elect Dunder McFuckstick, who claims the president is an alien, and Obamacare is literally satans toilet paper.

So, Dunder McFuckstick sees an opportunity to bring some money to his state, and by opposing healthcare, is able to fund his ant research. He doesnt care about ants, and he doesnt care about healthcare. He cares about money coming his way, and getting reelected.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Because your state has a center for studying ants. And you voted to elect Dunder McFuckstick, who claims the president is an alien, and Obamacare is literally satans toilet paper.

So, Dunder McFuckstick sees an opportunity to bring some money to his state, and by opposing healthcare, is able to fund his ant research. He doesnt care about ants, and he doesnt care about healthcare. He cares about money coming his way, and getting reelected.
This is what I hate.

Let's all vote each other $$ to be spent on crappy stuff

applies to all politicians equally by the way. Democrat, republican, whatever.

The only thing feeding most of them is greed for money, and desire for power.

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi