Clue: if you're in sales... work on your people skills

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
So I'm looking for a house and I called a realtor to get more information on a property. After speaking with him on the phone and upon his suggestion he sent me more information on more properties, we then scheduled an appointment to view them. I let him know we're already pre-approved for a loan and ready to go.

Upon completion of the viewings, we found 1 place we kinda liked... but still hadn't seen the place we contacted him about in the first place. I asked how long closing took, he said it can take 60 days.. He asked if we currently owned, I said no we lease, he asked when the lease was up I said November, he got bent out of shape and left, told me to call him in a few months.

Now this didn't sit well with me. If it takes 60 days to close, I want close no less than 60 days before my lease ends, that gives me one month, 6 weeks tops to find a place to live. I'd say I'm pretty serious but I'm also not going to buy the first house I see.

This morning I get this email from him:

Hi Sarah,

Just wanted to touch base and check into the status of your moving timetable. If your lease goes to November, how hard do you want to look now? We can pick this up in August/Sept unless you want to do things ahead of schedule.

Quite frankly I get used more than I care to admit, and if you just wanted to know what was out there to give a relative in Bensenville the business I'll back out right now. So I would appreciate you telling me straight.

Thanks

John

wtf? Seriously? This guy actually closes sales??

I got a little upset and decided to reply:

John,

I don't have any relatives in Bensenville and you're the first and
only realtor we've spoken with. Quite frankly I don't appreciate your
rude attitude, if you hadn't dashed off like an Olympic sprinter last
week after hearing we had a lease until November, I could have told
you then that I would prefer to have 2 or 3 months in overlap on the
lease/house so we are seriously looking at this point. I don't
believe in wasting people's time and I also don't believe in being
rude to clients.

I do thank you for all of your time, and for all of the information
you have provided, but at this point I believe we will be looking for
someone else to work with.

Best of luck to you.
Sarah

I would never talk to a client like that, aside from the internet I would never talk to anyone like that (except my roommates)

Honestly now, I think he wanted me to walk.

Where the hell is Bensenville?

Drool-Boy said:
Sounds like he doesnt think you have any money.
I woulda told him to fuck off the first time he showed me attitude like that, btw.
I couldn't tell him to fuck off the first time, he took off before I could get any words out.

Maybe it's just me, but when I was in sales, it was our philosophy that we treat all customers with respect, even the low end ones. You may only make $50 off of them that day, but one good referral beats bad word of mouth. Don't make me feel guilty because I don't have half a mil to blow on a house right now. :tard:

zengirl said:
Maybe it's just me, but when I was in sales, it was our philosophy that we treat all customers with respect

They only treat you with respect if they think you have money.
When we went shopping for our house, we made sure we were pre-approved for the loan before hand.

Drool-Boy said:
They only treat you with respect if they think you have money.
When we went shopping for our house, we made sure we were pre-approved for the loan before hand.
Yeah, he asked me about the pre-approval before we even went looking for the houses, so he knew we're already pre-approved, he knew our price limit, I just don't understand the paranoia.

He did give off a feminine vibe, and he talked about his cats. You think he could be a transsexual?

i'd love to see his reaction to your email.

if you feel this strongly about him being a dickwad, could you also send the email and correspondence to his office, possibly his superior?

zengirl said:
Yeah, he asked me about the pre-approval before we even went looking for the houses, so he knew we're already pre-approved, he knew our price limit, I just don't understand the paranoia.

He did give off a feminine vibe, and he talked about his cats. You think he could be a transsexual?

wtf if he knew you were preapproved and was still an asshole then the guy is just fuckin retarded.
find a new agent pronto missy

Drool-Boy said:
wtf if he knew you were preapproved and was still an asshole then the guy is just fuckin retarded.
find a new agent pronto missy
:lol: I dunno whats harder... finding a house or finding a realtor!

Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

zengirl said:

Pre-approval's don't mean shit quite honestly :fly:

I got one a year or so ago JUST so I could look at houses without looking like a retard, and the realtors called the # that was on the letter and it was out of service :lol:

I ended up getting a loan through someone else anyway

I think your response to him was great. You got your point across but you didn't sound like an uneducated moron trying to tell someone off. (Like many of the moronos who I talk to every day... don't get mad at me if you don't pay your credit card bill and collections comes after you :rolleyes: )

Anywho... post the response if you get one :D