Clue: if you're in sales... work on your people skills

We're dumb. We never hired a realtor for either of our house purchases. We did have one when we sold the first house, though.

ChikkenNoodul said:
We've never done the 'buyers broker' thing, we've bought every house through the agency that was listing it - except for one that was for sale by owner.

We bought our first house directly from the builder, same with this one.

Sarah
I sincerely apologize that you took offense. It is just that you were so
enthusiastic with a sense of urgency before looking at places and when we
parted it was like, our lease isn't up until November 30th. I did not dash
off; we talked for 5 minutes after the last showing about which you liked
best and what you didn't. We discussed that realistically all 6 of these
homes we saw will be off market by the time you re-engage the search and
that it takes 6-8 weeks from contract acceptance to close.

I apologize specifically for the Bensenville comment, it was figurative and
I personally have 3 relatives and two neighbors in real estate. Throw a
rock and you hit a realtor I always say. I have grown skeptical when people
want to see properties right away and then they lose contact or time horizon
changes after seeing what they want to see. I should have excluded that
language from my email and not have shared my recent frustration with other
clients 'lack of loyalty. If I had not included that little paragraph we
would not be having this negative dialog.

It appears our relationship is unrecoverable, and if you want to deal with
someone else, I wish you the best of luck in finding what you are looking
for. On the other hand, I harbor no hard feelings if you chose to give me a
second chance at helping you buy a place.

Best Regards,

John

:tard: :rolleyes:

What a jackass

ChikkenNoodul said:
Pre-approval's don't mean shit quite honestly :fly:

I got one a year or so ago JUST so I could look at houses without looking like a retard, and the realtors called the # that was on the letter and it was out of service :lol:

I ended up getting a loan through someone else anyway
Ryan has it through his bank, we didn't go with a 3rd party lender

Like I said, to hell with realtors. Get a buyer's agent. (Or broker, as Fly called it). Realtors never give a shit about buyers, they give a shit about their money. Obviously, since they represent the seller. Buyer's agents only represent buyers.

Sarcasmo said:
Like I said, to hell with realtors. Get a buyer's agent. (Or broker, as Fly called it). Realtors never give a shit about buyers, they give a shit about their money. Obviously, since they represent the seller. Buyer's agents only represent buyers.
I just called the listing agent for the place I was interested in because I wanted more information. I don't know what all of this buying agent stuff is all about :lol: Who pays them??

Sarcasmo said:

A buyers agent is a realtor. They are the same thing.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Depends, a lot of times these days the buyers and sellers agents will split the commission.

In this neck of the woods the seller pays a commission thats split between their realtor and the realtor representing the buyer.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Depends, a lot of times these days the buyers and sellers agents will split the commission.
They do that anyway. Embedded within the selling price is a commission which is split between the buyer's agent/realtor (if any) and the selling agent/realtor. The buyer pays it, but it's not an additional fee as they take a percentage off of the top of the sale price, so it's just that much less that the seller gets upon closing.

I don't know what happens if there is no buying agent, I imagine the selling realtor gets the whole thing?

that guy's got issues, and personal ones.

good email to him, and now i'd pulverize his email address and start fresh.

best of luck to you!

smileynev said:
A buyers agent is a realtor. They are the same thing.

They are realtors who represent buyers, which is better than a realtor who couldn't care less. It's a fine, sometimes nebulous line, but the point is that it gives you someone you feel you can trust more so than the listing agent. There are buyer's brokers who never ever represent sellers, and then there are some who work for both.

http://homebuying.about.com/cs/dealingagents/a/buyers_agent.htm

Thorn Bird said:
that guy's got issues, and personal ones.

good email to him, and now i'd pulverize his email address and start fresh.

best of luck to you!

I'd set fire to his house as well so he has to do the whole house hunting thing himself, but I'm supposedly "unstable" or something like that. :rolleyes: at therapists.

edit: I'll take "the rapists" for 300 Alex.