Baby Click Here to Find Out How We Can't Trust Birth Control - You Won't Believe it!

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
/clickbait

So yesterday I went to Planned Parenthood to get a pap smear as my gyno for the past decade stopped taking my insurance because Blue Cross wasn't paying their bills.

Anyways, the IUD I had installed six years ago was apparently falling out. The doc had to yank it out the rest of the way so I wouldn't feel pain during periods and also because it is not very effective when not inside the uterus.

So they gave me a pregnancy test because shit... how long has it been hanging out for?!

Luckily, the test came back negative. Whew.

But SHIT, I could have easily needed another abortion even though I was taking precautions. IUD's are more effective than the pill or condoms so I thought I was solid.

Congrats on your not-pregnancy! I'm glad you didn't need an abortion, mostly bc they're pricey and inconvenient. As someone who's gotten knocked up twice now on BC, I feel u.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Congrats on your not-pregnancy! I'm glad you didn't need an abortion, mostly bc they're pricey and inconvenient. As someone who's gotten knocked up twice now on BC, I feel u.
Hahah, I love how understanding you are, you always seem to 'get it'

Twice though! Was it the pill?

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Peniseseses do not reach the uterus where the IUD is supposed to live. :lol:
Yep! Specifically low dose and/or non-estrogen ones, though. I was fine for years & years with the Yaz, but went off for having migraines as an over-30 smoker. Ironically? Not sure that's the appropriate use of it but whatever, I have since quit smoking, but it's because of my passenger more than anything :lol:

I'm planning on getting an IUD at my post partum visit (like 8 weeks out from whenever the bean arrives). My insurance covers Liletta so that's what I'm getting. I'm super anxious about having a device implanted that MAY migrate or become embedded and just tear my shit up, but idk maybe it'll do a better job than the ocp